W211 E220 Engine temp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kevlaar

Car
'04 W211 E220 Cdi
Hi all,

I have a feeling my thermostat is goosed as my engine temp never gets up to 90°C/half way.

I'm not really complaining as I have a history of cars overheating/head gaskets, so an overcooled engine isn't the worst thing in the world to me. But I would quite like the extra economy from an engine at the right temp.

Can anyone confirm if it's the thermostat or maybe the temp sensor?

Cheers.

Apologies in advance if there's already 100 threads on this, the search feature currently does not work for me.

Hi all,

I have a feeling my thermostat is goosed as my engine temp never gets up to 90°C/half way.

I'm not really complaining as I have a history of cars overheating/head gaskets, so an overcooled engine isn't the worst thing in the world to me. But I would quite like the extra economy from an engine at the right temp.

Can anyone confirm if it's the thermostat or maybe the temp sensor?

Cheers.

I recently had the same problem on my W220 320CDI the temp never went above 60. Had the thermostat changed and all was well (thermostat stuck open), now hovers around the upper 80s. The temp sender is incorporated into the new thermostat housing on my car BTW so when you change the thermostat you get a new sender as well.

I recently had the same problem on my W220 320CDI the temp never went above 60. Had the thermostat changed and all was well (thermostat stuck open), now hovers around the upper 80s. The temp sender is incorporated into the new thermostat housing on my car BTW so when you change the thermostat you get a new sender as well.

Brilliant, bring on the search for a thermostat DIY :D

Thanks GlenQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom