w211 E270 cdi 2003 swap SBC with ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4life211

Car
mercedes 211
Hello people. I own w211 E270 cdi 2003. Does anybody know if there is any method to swap SBC unit with face lifted over 2006 w211 standard unit??? Or with old one (W10 brake unit )?????

AFAIK there is no room for the brake fluid reservoir/master cylinder/vacuum unit...

SBC is a fantastic braking system, stick with it

Sbc saved my Bacon once, It really is a awesome system and wouldn't hesitate to buy a new unit when this one expires.

Apparently prices for replacement SBC units from Bosch are not too bad...

Like Merc85 said, I will simply replace with a new unit if/when I get the warning message.

brakes-defective-300x164.jpg

How much have you payed for a unit in your place?

Is there any way to install ABS brake system instead of SBC system??
Thanks

Hi,
In previous posts, you have stated that you have already replaced your SBC unit, so has this failed already? Are you in the U.K. ?

Yes I have replaced with SBC .But i suppose that it will be expire and I have to replace it too.i wanted to know that if I can install ABS in this SBC ' s car ????

SBC is a version of Anti Lock Braking, if you have already replaced your SBC unit you should have many years of service left.

The car will probably fall apart due to rust before the new SBC unit fails!

I have a dim memory someone in US forum actually made brake conversion to conventional (facelift) system, but like said there was needed pretty big structure changes, plus new coding of car modules may not be straight forward.
It will be much cheaper to buy new SBC unit or change facelift car IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom