W211 E270 CDI - OM 647 engine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Azeem

Car
W211 E270 cdi - 2003
Hi,

Is this engine oil (see attached pics) as per spec for my E270 CDI 2003 model?

I was using Mobil1 Delvac 5w40 and was thinking of changing to Fuchs?

Suggestions are welcome.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1673.JPG
    IMG_1673.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1672.JPG
    IMG_1672.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 10
Azeem
Greetings
We service this same engine in Sprinters
The minimum MB spec is certainly Delvac 15/40 non synthetic oil and was supplied by both MB and a Dodge dealers as the recommended fill here in the USA.

You will find reference recommendations to it in MB's lubrication guide called the BEVO list

Now many (like yourself most likely) want to fill with a higher spec full synthetic oil such as the Fuchs brand. Fuchs for us is a very rare "designer" oil not easily sourced,

Our regular shop fill easily sourced is Rotella T6 full synthetic, which is preferred by most of my customers and those that do high mileages. Again a preferred synthetic oil by MB in their BEVO list

In fact I have several customers who have in excess of 1,000,000 kms running on this oil.

Check to see if the Fuchs brand appears in the BEVO list which you can find on line throughout the MB web site.

As a footnote this engine family in my opinion was the best engine MB had made for years. Easily capable of exceeding 1 million kms of operation if cared for.
Best regards from Denver Colorado.
Tuercas Viejas

Many Thanks for your suggestions Tuercas viejas

I am aware of the Bevo list and one of the consideration to try Fuchs oil was due to the fact that it has MB approval. But I wasn't sure if it will suit my engine.
I will see if Rotella T6 is available in my country.
Thanks again.

Tuercas Viejas
I put the Fuchs Supersyn 5w40. It has MB approval 229.3 as per Bevo list.
I have noticed that the engine is running slightly quieter now since this is synthetic blend.
I will update how it goes after my next oil change interval which will be after 5000 km.
Thanks for your help.

I thought I'll share my experience of using Fuchs 5w40 (hydrocracked) oil. For a first couple of thousand kms it was fine but then I noticed the engine was running rough and there was noticeable vibration in engine after 2500 km. Now after 5000 km I switched back to Mobil1 Delvac 5w40 and all the vibration coming from engine is gone. The car is a bit louder on acceleration but is more responsive with Mobil1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom