W211 E270 CDI Part number req?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyKO

Car
W211 E270 CDI
Hi Guys,

Where can I find a part number for a Gearbox and TC for my E270 CDI?

Cheers

Have the same car and I want to know what is the problem to help with anything

Have the same car and I want to know what is the problem to help with anything

Oh, I see, thanks!

Give me a minute and I'll explain

This is from one of my previous threads...

Right, I've started to notice upon driving my 270 when warmed up, especially up inclines, the car starts to 'judder'/struggle upon acceleration, easing off seems to cure it slightly.

It is worse when box set on the 'S' mode, not as bad when in 'C' mode.

In standard mode it's around 2.5-3k rpm - in comfort seems to be around 1-2k rpm when the judder starts to kick in.

When it starts to show the above symptoms I have noticed what seems to be a whining/grumble noise, assuming it's coming from the gearbox???

***************************************************************************************************************************

As of a few days ago it seems to have got worse and now I have noticed an oil leak under the car where the gearbox sits, I haven't had the chance to take the undertray off yet to have a look as my bloody trolley jack just broke when I attempted to lift the car as it's so old

A few days ago, the car went into limp mode twice, showed ABS fail and something else I can't remember, but tht has suddenly stopped happening and I've driven a good couple of hundred miles since then.

Now, I've been searching the interweb for hours 'trying' to see if I can find the same sort of symptoms and have unearthed a whole load of things to be honest, everything from MAF to MAP sensors to Torque Convertors to gearbox issues..Valeo rad's failing etc etc etc etc etc......

Post/PM your VIN and i can have a look

Post/PM your VIN and i can have a look

OK, I'll PM you buddy

So it can be torque converter because it can cause vibration.have u diagnosed at any indy ?

So it can be torque converter because it can cause vibration.have u diagnosed at any indy ?

I haven't diagnosed it yet, just haven't had a chance with work but I have a few days off now, only trouble is I'm worried about the oil leak and the Indy is 50 miles away :(

Really needs to be taken to a garage with Star to get diagnosed properly.
It sounds like the standard issues of Valeo radiator leaking coolant into the gear box which causes the TC clutch plates to fail.
This requires a new radiator, gearbox out and the TC reconditioning.
Oil leak is more than likely the pilot bush seal. Cheap and easy fix.
Any decent indy will change the gearbox pilot bush as a matter of course when carrying out the other work listed above.

It should cost about £1,200 at a good indy who can be recommended on here.

The TC issue shows mostly when the car is moving about 30mph with a steady throttle and the whole car vibrates. Feels like running over cobble stones. This is when the TC locks up.

It will need putting on a Star machine which will prevent the TC locking up and seeing if the problem goes away.

Have a look here:
http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showpost.php?p=231842&postcount=3

This will show you what a valeo radiator looks like.

Keep us informed on how you get on.

Tony

Keep us informed on how you get on.

Tony[/QUOTE]

Hi Tony,

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply in such detail mate, much appreciated!

I best get it booked into an Indy I guess :D

Thanks all, I'll keep you all posted :thumb:

I can't seem to get that link working Tony?

OK, here's an update...

Took the car into SK Auto's this afternoon in Swansea..hooked it up to STAR and turn out it needs a few little bits, coolant sensor not working, O/S indicator bulb not working (the one underneath the mirror) and a rear wheel speed sensor replacing, that sensor is showing a fault in ESP and ABS....Oh and a Torque Convertor!! :rock:

Oh, they checked for coolant in the gearbox to, luckily that came out negative!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom