W211 E270 with a bit of a whine?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Mirror Man

Car
W211 E270 CDI Elegance.Rover 75 Tourer
My autobox ran very low on fluid last month so I had the ATF and filter changed to be on the safe side. I'm now getting a bit paranoid because I'm sure I can hear a slight whine at town speeds.

Should I be worried???

The car is on 188k but has a FSH from new.

Hi,
After your filter and oil change,did you ask the mechanic if there was any bits of swarf that came out with the oil or trapped in the filter? Was it genuine MB Oil that went back in. On the other hand perhaps you are just listening too hard for noises?

Steve.

As above. The key word is paranoid. The slight whine may or may not have existed beforehand but as toolman said you're now listening for things. There's not much you can do without major investigation which may not reveal an issue anyway. Check that the oil used was correct. Enjoy the car and let anything develop, if indeed it does.

That'd be my take

My 211 320cdi has whined since I got it. Two good indys have told me that it's the turbo and 'they all do that'. It's more noticeable when cold, but it is there all the time. Just drive the car and enjoy it!

I had been meaning to suggest the same thing. Mine whines & my neighbour in France knows it is me leaving early in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom