W211 e320cdi limp mode any help appreciated

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ajcreece

Car
e320 cdi
On my way to work this morning went over a pot hole and car went into limp mode got to work and left it sat there for the day. Come back to car EML is now on so decided to do a quick scan using the torque app and got p0244 turbo Wastegate solenoid I pulled over just to see if any of the electronic clips had come loose so I took them off and put them back on. Started the car hoping that it would have been that but now the car is still in limp mode but revs to 3500rpm instead of the usual 3000rpm limp mode but it's incredibly Smokey as soon as I go anywhere near the accelerator. I got home and did another fault code scan and got one to do with the intake (cant remember off the top of my head) so I decided to have a look around the y pipe from the one that comes from the air filters to the turbo I noticed that there was bits on there that was loose one being another pipe the goes into the y pipe before the turbo. Due to it going dark I am unable to get all side of the y pipe back on I have the bit connecting to the back of turbo on and to left air filter but struggling with the right hand side one thinking of take air filter box off in the morning and connecting it before screwing all back up. Just wondering what it could be as it's in a limp mode but not the usual 3000rpm limp mode it has limited power but kick down works and like I said it's really really Smokey maybe the turbo actuator needs replacing or refurbishing?? Any help would be greatly appreciated

First I would check all the boost hoses, if they split you will get the symptoms you have described, this is what happened to my car, the left hand intercooler hose had a forty mm split on the underside, which could only be seen when the undertray was removed, boost leaks can throw up all sorts of strange codes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom