W211 ecu

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robocab

Car
e220 2008
Hi has anyone ever had to have their ecu refurbished? ... As it looks like mine is playing up just wondering if its a so called common fault with the W211, although the garage is paying for it under warranty but just curious.... Thanks in advance

What year/model is your W211 and what are the symptoms?

Is there a related cause e.g. water ingress?

Its a 2008 auto 2.1. I've owned the car about 6 weeks in that time at random times it would either put the engine warning light on, go into limp mode or have a case of kangaroo juice. On a diagnostic machine it shows injector 3 & 4 short circuit, the injectors have been checked to be good & the garage has also replaced the injector harness but unfortunately it lasted only 285miles before kangaroo juice time. So they are removing the ecu to get it checked & refurbished fingers crossed

The diagnosis sounds reasonable so fingers crossed refurbing the ecu resolves it.:thumb:

Personally I would have maybe swapped the injectors over with 1 and 2 at the same as the new harness to see if the fault travels - this may not be possible if the injectors are coded etc.

He tried that but the fault stayed on the same whether the injector were swapped around

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom