W211 facelift power steering fluid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tonykirt72

Car
Mercedes E320 cdi sport
Got a grinding kind of sound from steering and just checked fluid and its just below min mark, can I get some power steering fluid from local shop or is a specific one recommended to use? Thanks

Dunno, just had a quick check ar work and couldn't tell colour against black dip stick, will have to check later

Fluid looks light brownish colour, researching online looks like I need yellow stuff, is the febi bilstien yellow fluid fine to use?

I have just looked mine and it red like atf .

Well just called dealers and its almost £20 for a litre, they said its a golden colour, guess I'm safest using their stuff for peace of mind of getting correct fluid

Mine is green. £20 from dealer and apparently it is CHF11S. I tried an aftermarket brand of CHF11S and it wasn't as viscous or as dark as the dealer fluid.

Whatever you do, get the right stuff or it could be an expensive mistake.

Yeah will go to dealers weekend, guessing there must already be a leak somewhere , don't wanna cause even more problems with wrong stuff, just hope its something simple and not the rack leaking

Yeah will go to dealers weekend, guessing there must already be a leak somewhere ��, don't wanna cause even more problems with wrong stuff, just hope its something simple and not the rack leaking

In cold morning my steering is also struggling to turn until engine warmed up... I checked fluid and it was almost empty...

Colour of fluid in the res:
IMG_3235.png

Bought this fluid from dealer, dealer fluid is blue :dk:
IMG_3234.jpg

I did have a go at filling it up, but overfilled it and spent the whole evening sucking out the excess :mad:

Then sucked out too much, so still below MIN at 80c...:mad:

Need to sort it out once and for all tomorrow... will keep everyone posted

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom