w211 headlamp self level

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cd1974uk

Car
E320 CDI W211 facelift Brabus D6 III chip
Hi all,

Just got my E320 cdi back from service today and was told that the linkage to the headlight self level control is broken on the rear axle.

Anyone carried out such a repair, is it difficult?

Regards

Chris.

Simple and cheap repair. Get the arm from MB. Fixings may be rusted on, so some Plusgas or somesuch should help

Great thanks for the reply.

This is my first visit to my local indy since owning the vehicle. Had a 91000 mile c service which included oil and brake fluid change but not gearbox fluid.

They have told me amongst other things that there is a gearbox pan seal leak. Is it easy to check the levels in the 7g gearbox?

Is £300 reasonable for this service genuine parts and labour?

Sorry to hijack my own post

Regards

Chris.

As a comparison my local indy did service including oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, pollen filter, auto gearbox oil and gearbox oil filter, brake fluid and air-con regas for £487 using genuine parts last year. More recently they did a Service A, lower balljoint replacement and MOT for £180.

I have an 2008 E-class estate and it was recently recalled by MB to have the level sensor on the rear axle replaced free of charge. Might be worth checking if yours is covered by a recall also.

Great will do thanks.

The indy said it had corroded and had broken.

Certainly worth a call to the dealer.

Looking at the service sheet the 8.5 litres of Mobil 1 oil was £91.80 on it's own :eek: so I guess factoring in labour and other parts it was a pretty good price.

Many thanks

Chris.

forgot to mention - when I paid £180 for service, MOT and balljoint replacement I supplied the oil and filter myself so it wasn't quite as cheap as it looks but the balljoint involves a good bit of labour.

I don't believe in buying expensive brand oils. I just check that the oil I use has the correct MB approval for my engine (229.5 in my case) and get it from ECP when they have a good deal on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom