w211 parktronic problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ckember

Car
GLC 350d AMG Premium plus
I have a problem with the front parktronic sensors on my W211. When it has been raining and the car has been stationary for a few hours andI drive the car slowing down so that the sesnors become active, all the leds on the right of the display all come on and then it beeps. The dealer looked at the problem during the last service and found no errors. When the car is dry The problem doesn't exist at all

Any suggestions before I book it back in?

One of the sensors is "shorting out". I've had similar problems if ice forms on the bumper.

I suggest very carefully cleaning the sensors and see if the problem goes away. Take care not to be vigorous with the cleaning or you can almost guarantee a failed sensor.

I have a problem with the front parktronic sensors on my W211. When it has been raining and the car has been stationary for a few hours andI drive the car slowing down so that the sesnors become active, all the leds on the right of the display all come on and then it beeps. The dealer looked at the problem during the last service and found no errors. When the car is dry The problem doesn't exist at all

Any suggestions before I book it back in?

The diagnostic test will pinpoint the exact cause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom