w211 radio signal .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OneForTheRoad

MB Enthusiast
Car
2019 Glc coupe 350d was 2017 e350 c207 .. +65 ford kuga 2.0 cdi zetec awd..
are there any parts that degrade over time that would cause lack of radio reception - cars a 2004/2005 e class 320 cdi . certain areas where I live the reception is next to rubbish tbh . I was thinking the ariel , but looking at it I wouldn't know where to begin ....

Test your car alarm.
  • Open the drivers window.
  • Lock the car with the remote fob.
  • Wait 1 minute.
  • Reach into the car and open the door and or bonnet.
The alarm siren should sound for 30 seconds and the hazards should flash for 3 minutes.

The radio antenna is in the back window, it also picks up the remote fob RF signal and also shares a fuse with the car alarm.

A faulty car alarm might or might not have something to do with your problem.
See… Alarm/Antenna Module Fuse Keeps popping - MBWorld.org Forums

Dec

on the estate the rear washer pipe pops off and blows the alarm by killing the tilt sensor. rear right panel under window.

alarm working fine on the saloon .

When the reception is rubbish, will retuning the station improve the reception?

Dec

ill try that dec . thanks .

Is it worse when rear window defrost is on ?

R

Is it worse when rear window defrost is on ?

R

Not meaning to jump in on this thread....But as Richard has mentioned the heated rear window being on I thought I would jump in.
I have good radio reception which gets bad when the heated rear screen is on. I also get intermittent TV reception, no pic or sound for the majority of the time, when occasionally the TV works it works faultlessly, (CLS55, 55 Plate).

NOPE wont be that , I try not to ever use it .

NOPE wont be that , I try not to ever use it .
Nope, try that and see what happens. If it is worse the tracks in window are cracked, including possibly the antenna tracks.. One easy thing to mostly eliminate

Andy, if you suffer from that likely to need new rear windscreen.

R

Nope, try that and see what happens. If it is worse the tracks in window are cracked, including possibly the antenna tracks.. One easy thing to mostly eliminate

Andy, if you suffer from that likely to need new rear windscreen.

R

Thanks for the reply.
I have been told that by several indy's but no one has ever done any testing on it, and when I have plugged it into STAR there are no codes. Also the fact that the TV works perfectly when it does work made think it was something else at fault

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom