w211 small black button ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4life211

Car
mercedes 211
What is this little buddy under gear shifter near the seat ??

Taking a wild stab at what you mean and by under you're implying under the plate around the gear shifter, it's the release for the shifter so you can move it without the engine running or brake applied, intended for putting it in neutral for towing. You meant to use it by inserting the thin metal rod in the tool kit (!) through the cubby behind the leaver.

:confused: NSA microphone???

That is something aftermarket, anyway you can follow it to see where it's installed to.

Does anything happen if you press it?

Is it a button or just a pen top (or similar) caught between the carpet and console side?

Have you tried pulling it out?

A pen top push button?

It's very small for a usual automotive related button. Have you pulled it clear of the carpet?

It's a long wire connected behind it.i don't know where it goes or what it does.i don't wanna cause any trouble opening it.

tuck it under and forget about it :) definitely aftermarket

Valet mode for an alarm system?

I assume that if it was some kind of panic button you'd know soon enough.

Is this button an on/off switch or is it a momentary switch which is only engaged while it’s being pressed?
As already suggested, an ignition cut out switch does sound the most likely, if pressed once, will the car start and run for several minutes?

Dec

I have bought the car 5 years ago and today saw this .
5 years ago !! and you have only just spotted it. Whatever it is you haven't needed it for the last five years so ignore it.

Just like I do with all that cr*p in my loft. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom