W211 Will the facelift wingmirrors fit a prefacelift car??!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bishy

Looking at possibly getting an E63 bumper, facelift grille and changing the mirrors to the facelift type anybody got any idea if they will fit??!

Cheers peeps :thumb:

dont need a bonnet, just the grill, also the parking sensors will notfit and existing ones will need to be glued in, all doable tho... not cheap!

dont need a bonnet, just the grill, also the parking sensors will notfit and existing ones will need to be glued in, all doable tho... not cheap!

Didnt think it was different!, this car has a few of the E63 bits on so I know that its doable (although the E63 badging seams reather silly IMO!).....just the mirrors that I havnt seen changed??;

Mercedes : Awesome AMG * Reduced *

P.s im not trying to do the whole "rep" thing, I just like the bumber + the facelift grille and mirrors. Same as my old BMW 535 Sport, which I fitted the newer shape wheels to and an M5 Grille and mirrors..........but it was no-way intended to be a rep just liked the look of the parts.

DSCF1077.jpg

DSCF1043.jpg

Last edited:
lol, that was the car i was thinking abt buying, but turned out to have suspect milage\history and gearbox. Parking sensors didnt work, cosmetic only!!

a few ppl have done the converstion in the US mbworld and benzsport would be a good start, let us know how you get on. Not a cheap converstion either, initial bumper cover is abt £700 then you the padding, grills, fogs, brackets, washer covers, mouldings....etc etc.. there is a list and it came to $3000 or something!

you can see ive been looking into it :) lol

lol, that was the car i was thinking abt buying, but turned out to have suspect milage\history and gearbox. Parking sensors didnt work, cosmetic only!!

a few ppl have done the converstion in the US mbworld and benzsport would be a good start, let us know how you get on. Not a cheap converstion either, initial bumper cover is abt £700 then you the padding, grills, fogs, brackets, washer covers, mouldings....etc etc.. there is a list and it came to $3000 or something!

you can see ive been looking into it :) lol

Yup you certainly have :cool:, well I guess the best thing would be to try and get one off a written off car But could be waiting for rather a long time! was just an Idea really but if I ever see a bumper come up then I'll grab it...if you dont get an e55 and get it first :thumb: lol

The mirrors must fit! as I cant see that MB would have changed the door panels etc as a facelift is normaly lights, bumpers grilles etc etc but nothing major!

im sure the mirrors would fit otherwise they would have to change the design of the doors! lights are very different apparently and you loose adaptive(if you have it) and self levelling as all the sensors and control units are different also.

im sure the mirrors would fit otherwise they would have to change the design of the doors! lights are very different apparently and you loose adaptive(if you have it) and self levelling as all the sensors and control units are different also.

Would leave the front lights well alone then as I have all that!, think that I pefer my rear lights to the facelift also?!

Bumper, grill, mirrors.............if I can be bothered! I suppose the other problem is insurance if you start changing the car from standard too much as I found with my old 5 series the insurance doubled!, supersprint exhaust was the final nail in the coffin! they really didnt like that! :doh:

At the mo my wheels as the only mod and they know about that and havnt charged me an extra premium..:thumb:

Think im talking myself out of it now! :confused: lol

lol, rear lights are a straight bolt on btw. :)

you are right on the insurance front, its gonna hike your premium as it will be counted as a additional bodykit! if its declared!

lol, rear lights are a straight bolt on btw. :)

you are right on the insurance front, its gonna hike your premium as it will be counted as a additional bodykit! if its declared!

Ive changed a rear light seal due to a water leak so yea I know that they are easy to fit, but quite like the ones ive got?! :rolleyes::cool: lol

DSCF3825.jpg

looks like you get everything for a front bumper\grill vconversion, not bad price.

oh and its all genuine mercedes bits, not dodgy aftermarket stuff, do a search on "master tune" on google, they have a website, stick it in google translate and your 80% speaking german :)

Euro trunk lid cover

Ive changed a rear light seal due to a water leak so yea I know that they are easy to fit, but quite like the ones ive got?! :rolleyes::cool: lol

DSCF3825.jpg

New to the forum gang and I know this is an older post but I was wondering what the part# is for the boot cover...here in the states the license plate area is smaller and I like this version better than apllying the post-facelift one...any info?

Hey sorry to butt in!
im looking to buy a nice E320 facelift and wondered if any of you could tell me what the width of the car would be before the mirrors are folded in and after the mirrors are folded, as im in the process of buying a new house and was hoping it wold fit in the garage!!
(as cant have it living outside!)

Facelift manual says 2063mm with the mirrors out. Folding them in saves a couple of inches each side, but you don't want to be doing that every day if you can avoid it.

I can measure tonight if you still need the "in" measurement.

hey Troon,
thanks fo that, i think i have measured 1980 between the garage door frames.. ooo!!
i think il have to fit a new door and see what i can do, i think i may be able to get another 5-6 inches if i poss chnged the design!.. or the other option is to get a bigger house.. but that would take away my car fund ( id rather cut my arm off!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom