W211 xtrons headunit fitting advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIG_G_1979

Car
E280 CDI SPORT
Hi guys been bought a xtrons headunit for xmas has anyone any advice on fitting / wiring, best place to mount GPS antenna etc. My current head unit is an audio 20 with no cdc. Tia

Hi Big G.
Did you fit the xtrons head unit?
If so, how have you found it - any good - would you recommend?
I have a W211 with Audio 50.
Would like bluetooth, aux / usb / sd option and ideally DAB radio.
NTG2.5 upgrade looking like £700+ - and won't give DAB.
HFP Dongle new is c. £270 - and only gives me BT calls.
So looking at aftermarket head unit.
Looking at:
https://audiotechdirect.com/head-un...BENZ=E-Class&category=1344&is_category_page=1
- plus would need separate DAB tuner.

Just stumbled across xtrons tonight.

Cheers, P

Hey P, yeah really cannot fault the xtrons unit does exactly what it says on the tin. I love the built in.sat nav and bluetooth calls/connectivity and I've also wired up a usb port.in my compartment where 12v charger is so I'm able to play songs and watch movies from my usb stick. I like also the fact its shaped as the oem unit and looks totally factory and works with the multifunction steering wheel. So yeah in summary far superior to the audio 20 it replaced and worth every penny

Hey P, yeah really cannot fault the xtrons unit does exactly what it says on the tin. I love the built in.sat nav and bluetooth calls/connectivity and I've also wired up a usb port.in my compartment where 12v charger is so I'm able to play songs and watch movies from my usb stick. I like also the fact its shaped as the oem unit and looks totally factory and works with the multifunction steering wheel. So yeah in summary far superior to the audio 20 it replaced and worth every penny

Hiya. I know this is a bit of an older post, but still

What year is your E class? My 2009 has NTG 2.5 (SD slot and Linguatronic) but with original software/firmware) and all the ads I see say the units fit E-class up to 2008 and picture the COMAND without SD. So my question is will it still fit? A pic of yours would be great please?

Hiya. I know this is a bit of an older post, but still

What year is your E class? My 2009 has NTG 2.5 (SD slot and Linguatronic) but with original software/firmware) and all the ads I see say the units fit E-class up to 2008 and picture the COMAND without SD. So my question is will it still fit? A pic of yours would be great please?
Hi gollom yeah no problems mine a 2006 model however it will fit yours no problems
1c61089d4bc8611df1c44c7d4b952ac6.jpg
21fd1611868c7a76778f69408378e027.jpg

Sent from my VIE-L09 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom