W212 AMG wheel corrosion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scouseman

Car
w212 E350 AMG estate
Hi, its been a while since I've posted on here but thought I would mention my experience today related to the dreaded AMG wheel corrosion. My last experience with seeking help from Mercedes UK in relation to what was in my view excessive corrosion on alloys was back in 2010 when my just out of warranty W211 E280 had wheel rash and the response from Mercedes wasnt good i.e. we will give you a 50% discount on a set of new wheels..which I declined. Anyway, last week I collected a 2.5 year old E350 bought from an Independant dealer and took the car in to have a fault with the screen washer seen to under warranty.

I also mentioned to the service guy at Greenoaks in Reading that the wheels had the beginnings of corrosion even though they were undamaged and he wasnt as negative as I was expecting. Bottom line is that Mercedes will be replacing all four wheels under warranty with no arm twisting from me. Maybe I shouldnt be as pleasantly surprised as I am but having read the various reports on this problem on line and my prior experience I wasnt expecting such a positive outcome.

Incidentally the car is extremely good, a big step up in refinement compared to my last E350 AMG which was a pre-facelift 2012 model and although its early days I'm very pleased to have stayed in the fold and not switched to another marque.

Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom