W212 daytime instrument illumination vanished

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Proeliator2001

Car
W213 220d AMG P+
I may be imagining things but I'm sure that the instrument cluster on my 2014 w212 used to be brightly lit during the daytime and then softly lit when the lights were on. I noticed yesterday that it's no longer lit at all in the day and I can't find any setting to bring it back. This evening it was a bit difficult to read in the fading light before headlights kicked in.

Was I imagining it and if not is this a known failure? All other lights seem fine and I'd be surprised if only the bright light function was on one fuse so doubt that's the issue. Weird.

Hi,
I don't have my E class yet but have been studying the manual online

Does this help?

No car to test on but does it light up in the dark?

The copy paste didn't fully work

Basically if you have the lights on or set to Auto the illumination is controlled automatically

Hope this helps
thanks p

E-Class - Interactive Owner's Manual

Lights
Setting the brightness for the display/switches
The lighting in the instrument cluster, in the displays and the controls in the vehicle interior can be adjusted with the Brightness Display/switches: function.
Press the or button on the steering wheel to select the Settings menu.
Press the or button to select the Lights submenu.
Press to confirm.
Press the or button to select the Brightness Display/switches: function.
You will see the selected setting.
Press to confirm.
Press the or button to adjust the brightness to any level from Level 1 to Level 5 (bright).
Press the or button to save the setting.
If the light switch is set to , or , the brightness is dependent upon the brightness of the ambient light.

Info

The light sensor in the instrument cluster automatically controls the brightness of the multifunction display.
In daylight, the displays in the instrument cluster are not illuminated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom