w212 e class cab seats fitting in clk w208

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

astamir

MB Enthusiast
Car
w208 silver clk55
Hi guys!
Was thinking to upgrade the seats and try to fit the seats from e class convertible i found a good shape and condition seats on eBay .
Is it a mission Impossible or something can be done?
I have never done any seats conversions.
I would really appreciate if someone could help and thanks in advance.

Not MB specific but i have just replaced the interior in my boys `06 Clio and it turned out to be a nightmare regarding the wiring as there are airbags / occupancy sensors / pre-tensioners for the seatbelts. I fitted a mk2 Clio interior into a mk2 Clio so i figured it would be plug + play but it wasnt.

I would imagine the MB swap would be much more involved especially if there are electric adjustment and heaters to factor into the above equation.

Kenny

It is something I will do someday !

The fronts are quite unusual for Mb as the electric adjustment are on the actual seats as opposed to the doors so all you will need is a power source. You will probably need to swap the passenger occupancy sensor out from your original seats. The sub frames shouldn't be too different with minimal fabrication (its been done in a w210 before)

Rear seats forget it ! The cab rear seats have a nasty cut out for the seat belts and will look ****e in any event. I personally would stick with your original rear seat and just find a good trim shop to reshape your rear headrests to match the new front seats

Good luck and don't forget the pics !

It is something I will do someday !

The fronts are quite unusual for Mb as the electric adjustment are on the actual seats as opposed to the doors so all you will need is a power source. You will probably need to swap the passenger occupancy sensor out from your original seats. The sub frames shouldn't be too different with minimal fabrication (its been done in a w210 before)

Rear seats forget it ! The cab rear seats have a nasty cut out for the seat belts and will look ****e in any event. I personally would stick with your original rear seat and just find a good trim shop to reshape your rear headrests to match the new front seats

Good luck and don't forget the pics !

I've got the w208 clk55 with air cushion seats similar to those seats i want to install but the control on mines are in the door.
If i just source the power for the seats would the power tilt function would work? i don't worry about the memory function if so i could just blank the control buttons in door card out.
I want to try the back seats as well if won't work i will just get rid off the original back seats and put a cross bar))
I definitely will upload some pics

Anyone can help me please with wire diagrams for front seats for w212 e class couple and clk55 w208?
Also if anyone need bits and bolts for e class coupe interior give me a shout.
Thanks

From the new seats, first thing to do is identify and strip any seat belt warning wires, pretensioner wires, heater pad wires from the plug. This you should be able to do visually without any wiring diagrams. This should leave the movement wires which I should imagine will just be one 12v wire and a earth. Ifs thats so you are laughing and can just run one 12v and blank your door cards as mentioned. I personally would just run a fresh fused 12v wire from the battery to each seat and leave all your original wiring in place. Ive retrofitted electric heated seats before and pretty much bypassed the fuse box without any problems.

By all means give the back seat a go just be careful with any brackets as it right where the fuel tank is. When I retrofitted split folds in my 202 it was scary drilling holes !

This is a picture of the front seat

ForumRunner_20170315_212756.jpg

ForumRunner_20170315_212818.jpg

ForumRunner_20170315_212653.jpg
Tomorrow I will try to trace the wires what goes where.
Just thinking how difficult it will be to wire all plugs to the current wires on my car and wouldn't that make all the functions available

Memory seats **** it up as they have own controller box before the seats so highly unlikely to be able to use the wiring from your car. The only way would be to completely strip the wiring from your original seats from the motors back and do the same with the new seats and hope for the best. This really will be hit and miss as also I'm pretty sure the power for the ortho bit comes from the movement plug as well

Anyone can help with wire diagrams for clk55 w208 seats and e class w212 coupe seats?
I measured the fitting points and it's a half an inch difference which i guess easily rectifiable just drilling extra holes but the electrics that going to be a problem for me as I've never done anything like that.
Any help would be really appreciated

Here the picture of the back of the seats control switch

ForumRunner_20170326_191516.jpg
The white with green and black with blue with black connector goes to the motor that operates the back of the front seats tilting forward and backward.
As the back of the seat is stuck in forward tilted position I wanted to tilt it back.
If i would wires of the batter would that activate the motor that i would be able to tilt it back?
If so what wire is power and which one is the ground?
Thanks

Mate, now you can see what 2 plugs go to the motors, the other plug should go to the bottom of the seat where the power plug from the original car would have plugged in. You should be able to unclip the plug and hopefully pop the the 2 wires out. As there is no controller box in the seat it shouldn't really matter at this stage which is positive and which is negative. I'd plug in a jumper pack to the 2 wires, if the seat moves in the correct direction when you press the switch then the polarity is correct. If not just swap the 2 wires over !

Mate, now you can see what 2 plugs go to the motors, the other plug should go to the bottom of the seat where the power plug from the original car would have plugged in. You should be able to unclip the plug and hopefully pop the the 2 wires out. As there is no controller box in the seat it shouldn't really matter at this stage which is positive and which is negative. I'd plug in a jumper pack to the 2 wires, if the seat moves in the correct direction when you press the switch then the polarity is correct. If not just swap the 2 wires over !

Hi mate!
Thanks for the reply yep as you say the brown and black wires with white connector the one in the middle goes down to the plugs and the other with blue connector goes to the other motor that controls the bottom of the seat.
So if I'm not mistaken the black is earth/negative and the brown is the power.

You would think so but with Mercedes who knows !!! If you can get some power to them it will either work first time or the seat will move in opposite direction - if so just reverse it.

The easiest way to fit these seats are I think to weld two peaces of flat thick metal to the floor make the holes to fit the new seats on them and just wire the seat belt warning wire and connect the power supply wire from module to the seats regulator switch.
But I was thinking to remove the rails from new seat weld the new seat base to the rails of old ones and connect all wires and i hope this way the seats memory function will work too.

Memory function will not work in any event as your original seats have position sensors in them and the new ones do not

Memory function will not work in any event as your original seats have position sensors in them and the new ones do not

Ok i see now)) so if I would get a seats with memory function would they work with my original seat modules ?)))

Finished making the frames and fitting points for passenger side, just wondering if it's ok to plug in the wires for the windows regulator buttons?
They get powered only with the ignition on and they are just next to the gears elector between both front seats and won't be hard to plug in.
I'm trying to fit the back seats as well and looks like a lot of cutting welding drilling will be done to get them in but at the end I'm pretty sure that they will fit ok

Here the picture of the main wiring loom does anyone knows what wires I can plug in to for the power please?
Thanks

ForumRunner_20170419_113817.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom