W212 E class rattles - post your remedies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i have an issue with what sounds like a stone stuck in the rear shelf that I can hear slide from left to right and right to left whenever i take roundabouts or sharp left / right turns.

i have an issue with what sounds like a stone stuck in the rear shelf that I can hear slide from left to right and right to left whenever i take roundabouts or sharp left / right turns.

This is very strange, I've got the exact problem! I've checked spare tyre well etc and nothing there, dealer was useless as usual. I didn't mention it as thought no one else would have this issue as it's very strange.

Let me know if you ever solve it, going to ask Wayne gates to have a look when I get it serviced, hopefully more helpful then the dealer.

Last edited:
This is very strange, I've got the exact problem! I've checked spare tyre well etc and nothing there, dealer was useless as usual. I didn't mention it as thought no one else would have this issue as it's very strange.

Let me know if you ever solve it, going to ask Wayne gates to have a look when I get it serviced, hopefully more helpful then the dealer.

That's interesting, i thought I was the only one too!
I know the previous owner had something done to the rear shelf, maybe due to rattles, as when my window tinter removed it to do rear window he noticed it was full of some type of expanded foam, some of which he removed.

When I got the car, I noticed both the top edges of the rear shelf had double sided sticky pads which stuck it to the rear screen. Looked awful from outside, so I promptly removed them.

I have so far managed to resist the temptation to have a real look for it as I know it may involve quite a bit of work - lets see how much longer my OCD will allow this!
Please let me know how you get on with WG
Thanks

Hi All

I've noticed a few people mentioning rattles in their E class, thought i'd start a thread to see if we can try and fix as its my only annoyance on an otherwise good car.

I'll start, my 61 plate W212 has a rattle from what where I think the up/down temp controls are, currently trying to narrow it down by holding it down while on a rough road.
Theres also a new rattle thats developed, again on rough road surfaces if I hit a pothole on the left side I hear something vibrating for 1-2 secs, its not consistent.

Anyone else with any rattles which they've managed to sort?
This is a bit late for your thread, but in the hope I can re-start it, here goes.
My 2018 E class has a rattle from the driver's door panel. I traced it to the seat adjuster knobs. Does anyone know how to take these off the door safely?
Logically, they just prise off, but I don't want to try prising them off without knowing for sure, in case I snap one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom