W212 e220 cdi - dual exhausts - are they aftermarket ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J4ck100

Car
E220 cdi
Hi all

First post

Just bought an e220cdi and love it but I've got a niggle because it's got twin exhausts one either side of bumper like this

http://bharathautos.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/mercedes-benz-e-class-rear-angle-view-048.jpg

But every other 220cdi from my era pre facelift (mines a 59 plate) seems to have no exhausts and the only ones with ones like mine are e350 petrols seemingly !!

We're these a factory option or is this a retrofit ? The job looks so professional as the lower bumper is perfectly cut for the oval pipes etc looks factory fit but I don't see any other 220's with this !!

In 2 minds because I think they look great but worried about resale value / difficulty if car is technically modified.

Thanks

This is mine here

mhwviw.jpg

From the photo, your car is either an SE or Avantgarde spec car, fitted with Option Code P96 which is the Exterior Styling Package comprising of:

• 18" 5-spoke alloy wheels (code R32)
  • Sport suspension (15 mm lower)
  • Perforated front brakes with Mercedes-Benz branded calipers
  • Unique rear apron (body-coloured) with visible exhaust pipes for all engines

From the photo, your car is either an SE or Avantgarde spec car, fitted with Option Code P96 which is the Exterior Styling Package comprising of:

• 18" 5-spoke alloy wheels (code R32)
  • Sport suspension (15 mm lower)
  • Perforated front brakes with Mercedes-Benz branded calipers
  • Unique rear apron (body-coloured) with visible exhaust pipes for all engines

You sir, are a legend. It is an SE indeed, and this has made my day.

All the best

Jack

You're welcome :thumb:

Hope you enjoy your car, and welcome to the forum!

You're welcome :thumb:

Hope you enjoy your car, and welcome to the forum!

Upon closer inspection, the exhausts say "Magnaflow" on the side!

Would it be your guess that car does have that external visual pack but that the muffler tips have been replaced with these to give a throatier exhaust tone ?

Jack

It certainly has the wheels that are part of the pack. Does it have the drilled front discs too? If so, I'd say it's all part of the option pack and someone has added the muffler tips.

& just popped outside, no perforated discs or MB calipers. :(

Page 66 http://www.yourmercedes.co.uk/pdf/E-class_saloon_estate.pdf

Shows the exterior styling package to have different style 5 spoke wheels and square exhausts ?
The trapezoidal exhaust tips were introduced for the 2012 model year, so your car pre-dates them and should have oval exhaust tips.

While it's possible that someone has gone to a fair amount of trouble and expense modifying the car, it's much more likely to have the styling package. The easiest way to be sure is to call in to a main dealer and ask them to give you a copy of the OASIS report for the car. That will tell you for certain what options were fitted by the factory.

After market.

The only 4 pots that had dual oval exhausts in 2009 were the 200 and 250 CGI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom