W212 - Knocking suspension help?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FateSynchro

Car
E63 AMG S / Ford Ranger Hawk 2018 / MG ZT / MG ZR Turbo
My E63 S has 33k on the clock, i've stuck 11k miles on her in about 4 months now her main duties are simmering down i have time to sort any niggles out.

My main one is tyres and brakes which have been addressed, the next issues i have is an annoying knocking sound over rough surfaces.
Its not bump that causes knocking its a sudden drop in the road, small pot hole or rail road track etc.
I get a reverberating metallic clank, it sounds like ARB bush knock but can it really be that after 33k miles?
I have bought a set of replacement drop links that i have to fit in a week or two (im working away) so if anyone suggest that i have them in order, but is there anything else that would cause such an issue?

Thanks!

I have had two such metallic clonking incidents on my E class. One was an oil filled bush on the bottom of the nearside front suspension and the other was the bush on the lower offside (front) control arm.
both only noticeable at low speeds over speed bumps and crrrrap road surfaces.

Similar noise on ours. Both front top mounts done under warranty. Problem gone.

Thanks for the reply....

Right well i have some drop links, gonn replace those, then i'll do top mounts, if its bottom arms etc i'll be annoyed as those should not fail after 30k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom