W212 mirror puddle lights.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paulmadac

Car
E220 CDI
Hello.
I recently installed power folding mirrors on my w212 e class.
They work just fine...exept puddle lights.i replaced door modules..but no luck.is there a way to check what is wrong with them?tried whit regular bulbs...leds...but they do not light up.Everithing is activated in the instrument cluster in the convienence menu.
Thank you.

Hello.
I recently installed power folding mirrors on my w212 e class.
They work just fine...exept puddle lights.i replaced door modules..but no luck.is there a way to check what is wrong with them?tried whit regular bulbs...leds...but they do not light up.Everithing is activated in the instrument cluster in the convienence menu.
Thank you.
I have noticed the puddle light on the driver side mirror isn’t working on my 2013 S212, is it normal? Do you know how can I find the spare and how to replace it? Any guides online?
Thanks

Need to replace my drivers one as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know where to get the replacement?

Believe it’s just a standard bulb I did watch a YouTube video on it and it looks straight forward just got to line the mirror glass up and then the outer cover of the mirror pulls up and come off.

Believe it’s just a standard bulb I did watch a YouTube video on it and it looks straight forward just got to line the mirror glass up and then the outer cover of the mirror pulls up and come off.

Can’t find the video, that’d be nice if you could share the link pal.

The below is for a C but works fir the E too.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This is a very good one. Gonna do it this weekend, though I’m a bit nervous about breaking something! That LED upgrade seems nice too, do you which bulb to replace it with exactly?

Puddle lights are driven from the door controller. May just not be turned on, may need coding (and datacard update) etc etc -

R

Puddle lights are driven from the door controller. May just not be turned on, may need coding (and datacard update) etc etc -

R
What do you suggest then? I just so badly want to get it work! Lol

If the passenger one is working then chances are it’s just the bulb that’s packed up. I know for a fact mine was working previously so if I get time will whip mirror cover off and have a look at the weekend.

I think the coding reference is probably aimed at the original poster who has fitted these mirrors to his car.

If the passenger one is working then chances are it’s just the bulb that’s packed up. I know for a fact mine was working previously so if I get time will whip mirror cover off and have a look at the weekend.

I think the coding reference is probably aimed at the original poster who has fitted these mirrors to his car.

Yeah the passenger side works fine. I’m just a bit worried about changing it and then get a bunch of error lights up the dash. Do you think any w5w t10 would work?

I’m not 100% sure I’m just going to put a standard bulb in for now if your that worried buy the bulb from your local Mercedes dealer it won’t be expensive at all even from them.

As for upgrading to Led I wouldn’t know what to buy.

Yes. my comment was at the OP. Bulb is N000000 008140 - available from your MB dealer
R

So changed my blown bulb today very easy didn’t follow that video watched someone do it on an A Class and did it that way.

Pointed the mirror glass towards the window then pulled it towards the window and popped it off the motor.

Took out 3 T10 torx bolts that hold the mirror motor to the casing then unclipped the housing for the puddle light and pulled the bulb holder from it and changed the bulb.

It’s a bit fiddly as the wires in the puddle light are short but it took all of 10 minutes at the most used some washing up liquid on the rubber of the bulb holder as it didn’t want to slide back into the housing.

I was going to remove the mirror back but had a good pull on it and it wouldn’t move so tried it this way and it worked fine.

So changed my blown bulb today very easy didn’t follow that video watched someone do it on an A Class and did it that way.

Pointed the mirror glass towards the window then pulled it towards the window and popped it off the motor.

Took out 3 T10 torx bolts that hold the mirror motor to the casing then unclipped the housing for the puddle light and pulled the bulb holder from it and changed the bulb.

It’s a bit fiddly as the wires in the puddle light are short but it took all of 10 minutes at the most used some washing up liquid on the rubber of the bulb holder as it didn’t want to slide back into the housing.

I was going to remove the mirror back but had a good pull on it and it wouldn’t move so tried it this way and it worked fine.

I took the exact same route earlier today and changed the bulb successfully. Everything went well. Way easier than removing the thr whole top/back casing. Bought the bulb from Mercedes Benz Brooklands for £2.34 so I’m quite happy with the results! ✅
Thanks for the help by the way.

Attachments

• 85ABD5DA-EF52-4A90-88BF-8AC4F3E5761D.jpeg
    85ABD5DA-EF52-4A90-88BF-8AC4F3E5761D.jpeg
    959.3 KB · Views: 16
I took the exact same route earlier today and changed the bulb successfully. Everything went well. Way easier than removing the thr whole top/back casing. Bought the bulb from Mercedes Benz Brooklands for £2.34 so I’m quite happy with the results! ✅
Thanks for the help by the way.

Some much easier to do it this way, I was dubious about taking the glass off but wasn't a problem.

I did this job today on my 2014 CLS. If I can do it, anyone can do it!

The worst part was taking the mirror glass off. Just take a deep breath and pull.

A couple of points.

1. The bulb can be any old 501(W5W) bulb, not a special Mercedes bulb.
2. An alternative video that I used and I think Daveuk probably used is here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom