W212 NTG 4 to NTG 4.5 Retrofit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
gudikcik said:
Hello again everybody.

I have W212 E250 CDI. It's factory exit year 2010. I was retrofit Comand NTG 4 to it but I buy a new NTG 4.5 Comand Online last month.

I buy a new screen picture cable for NTG 4.5 from local dealer. The part number is : A2074401413. NTG 4 and NTG 4.5 screen cables are different.
I plug in but comand was not operate.
I understand that I have problems with the telematic can cable. The screen takes opening signal from telematic can cable. NTG 4 telematic can cables are at black socket in the big socket. I can not open the screen before changing this cables. I take the telematic CAN HIGH and LOW cables from black plug to white plug. Pin numbers are 6 and 12.
Then i can open the screen.
The AM / FM antenna socket's are same, purple is bluetooh antenna , blue is gps antenna.
NTG 4.5 has got 3 video input. Nightvision , Rear View camera and video aux. I retrofit rear view camera too. The rear view camera socket is the right side of the twin green socket.
I buy a camera from ebay. And i retrofit it. It's not original.

I can use the video aux over media interface at the same time with rear view camera. NTG 4.5 is perfect on this.

I buy a USB port from local dealer. Part number is : A1728200515
I buy a W204 NTG 4.5 screen cable for this USB data transfer. I use it. They are same. The part number is : A2044406537. I only convert the head of the socket for operate usb.
I put this USB port to near the media interface socket in the glove box then plug the pink socket to back of the head unit.

I update the media interface box software to latest version. The media interface works with NTG 4.5 over the most.

When i turn on the ignition , theft protection screen comes. The seller gives the 25 digit theft key to me. I plug the star diagnosis to my car. I enter the theft key with from xentry but i can not do the scn coding.
Because my car has not got 512 code 6 DVD changer at my vin number.
I was using 527 single Comand NTG 4.

I have friend in factory. I contact with him. He add's the 512 to my vin number. When i try to make the SCN coding, i take an error. Then he adds the 088 code for NTG 4.5. I do it. He generate the europe dvd 6 digit serial for me. NTG 4.5 needs password for navigation data too.

System works perfectly. I can enter the comand online system now.

the instrument cluster can communicate with the comand online head unit. I havent problem on this after instrument cluster software update.

I am using Blackberry 9700 with 6.0 operating system. Everything works with this phone. I can read SMS , I take the phonebook instant and i can use comand online.

Here is the some photos after retrofit. If you have questions please write me or visit our turkey mercedes forum Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Forum Club Türkiye. Mercedes severlerin ortak bulu

thank you.

Allo,iPhone not york internet An. Comand NTG 4,5. !? Not compatível ?

Got it enabled now!

It's amongst the hybrid settings if anyone wants to know. You can also enable full hybrid info, which displays a pic of the car and batteries etc. Totally useless but cool! :)

hi guys

I am trying to activate this on my W212 MY10 ntg4, but am having no joys. do you need to reset to make graph option appear once selected in the hybrid options? or is this due to a need for a software update first?

Thanks in advance!

James

Hello gudikcik

I have one question, did you install GPS antenna? if so, what kind of GPS antenna you are using?

and I want to add two options codes to my W212, I was wondering your friend can help,
I am willing to pay, thanks in advance!

Best Regards.

hi,
anladigim kadar Turksun, ya da turkce biliyorsun. Sormak istediyim bir kac sey var NTG-le ilgili..
bu nemin skype : Za Sa beni ararsan cok yardim etmis ola bilirsin diye dusunuyorum. Onceden tesekkurler

You need to part with reference MB: A1669009508 (Map Pillot) to have navigation! and can also be Rear-camera, if you have a green input (Fakra) on the back of the unit, and it can active mode ENGINEERING!

Does every Unit have its own Theft Protection Key or is it generated through a VIN Check? Basically I was looking to Upgrade my W204 NTG4 completly to NTG4.5 (incl. Dashboard). Got the Colorscreen Cluster already and NTG4.5 incl. Screen & Dashboard seems affordable to get through eBay/Breakers. So basically I am worried about the TPK as most sources won't even know/have it.

If you've got the vin of the car it came from, getting the anti theft pin should be possible. However the issue may be the map pin to enable the map. This is generated by vedok system based on the vin and map version

So, the question is whether vedok will generate a map pin, and you can only find that after an install. Although there are companies that seem to have cracked the algorithm and offer pin codes on eBay.

Richard.

update from audio 20 to NTG 4.5

Hi gudikcik,

I have update my audio 20 to NTG 4.5 but am having the same issues with the system:
"I have friend in factory. I contact with him. He add's the 512 to my vin number. When i try to make the SCN coding, i take an error. Then he adds the 088 code for NTG 4.5. I do it. He generate the europe dvd 6 digit serial for me. NTG 4.5 needs password for navigation data too.

System works perfectly. I can enter the comand online system now. "

Maps are not working and pin is not being generated can someone update the data card and scn codes for me, will pay for the work

OK Dondee123. I think I know whose car you are talking about. The data-card has been updated. The reason the PIN code can not be generated (and the SCN code but that is not the real issue actually) is that the COMAND is not the right one for the car (part number) and the Mercedes central system knows the part numbers that should/could be in the car and thus will not let the unit be properly configured or firmware updated etc. I have emailed the owner.

Cheers

Richard

It seem like ntg4.5 have two or more model, see at the picture I attached ... One (pic2) with the black square black at the back of the HU and the other one without (pic 1).
riobiz

I understand that I have problems with the telematic can cable. The screen takes opening signal from telematic can cable. NTG 4 telematic can cables are at black socket in the big socket. I can not open the screen before changing this cables. I take the telematic CAN HIGH and LOW cables from black plug to white plug. Pin numbers are 6 and 12.

Can someone had done the retrofit please explain more how to screen works. Which connector for the pin number 6 & 12 ? and Can High & Can Low. please help thanks.

Last edited:
hi @all
I want to change my ntg4 to ntg4.5
I am looking for someone who can change in vedoc to Code 088
here in Germany it is not easy to find a dealer who wants to make it

can anybody help me ?

hi @all

can anybody help me ?

After changed to ntg4.5, does the HU play music and DvD ? Or it need 088 code to make it works ?

the problem is ...
i have xentry with dev. mode.
to type the secure pin you need scn coding (what i haven`t)

i have change the can-bus from black to white
it work all fine.
Ntg4.5 starts and i can hear sound for a moment.
but i need type in the fu***ng secure code in (what i have here, but i need scn coding) :doh:

on monday i make a schedule bye my dealer and hope he can type it in.

ok now ist all working

you need scn coding for the security code
you need anyone for the code to actavation the navi software

then is all working :thumb:

hello
I also seek help to put code 088 in vedoc
..darksool you help me?

I plug in but comand was not operate.
I got it likes this:

1/ Take the cable number (5) from Black to (6) White plug
2/ Cable number (6) from Black to (12) White plug

But for some reason the UCI does not works ... ???

hi @all

can anybody help me ?

hi
why you need to add the code 088?
the germans really are reluctant to do this.
you need this to install the map?

your dealer put the 088 in vedoc then he can generate the activation map code for your car.

in germany make it not the dealer. because the ntg4.5 is not for 2010 car`s

BUT you can buy the code :D i have paid ***€. with this code you can activate your map by yourself (without the dealer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom