W212 NTG 4 to NTG 4.5 Retrofit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
wrong post

Last edited:
hi
If we retrofit from audio20 to ntg4.5 in w207-w212 2010' we have to install axial fun with air ducts?axial fun is in the parts list for retrofit?
thanks

Also should we change the central unit wiring harness or keep the same from audio 20?

I own a E 350 Coupe CDI 2010 and i have a harman kardon prologic sound on it, actually i have Audio 20 CD without Navigation system and with small lcd screen, it is just with CD mp3 player, i bought a NTG 4.5 from ebay and i want to install it, is this fitable to my car or not, does anyone have the conection diagram for this wires that need to be changed?

Last edited:
It is much better to ask if this will work the same for me to change pun 6 and 12?

Hi sir,
I Have one question I order screen cable with number A2124407640 , and right know is fit but the screen is not turning on! How can you help me?

Hi sir,
I Have one question I order screen cable with number A2124407640 , and right know is fit but the screen is not turning on! How can you help me?

You need to do all the rewiring of the two 12 pin connectors on the quad lock to install NTG4.5 in a car wired for NTG4. (and install the fans if the car doesn't have cooling fans)

When i turn on the ignition , theft protection screen comes. The seller gives the 25 digit theft key to me. I plug the star diagnosis to my car. I enter the theft key with from xentry but i can not do the scn coding.
Because my car has not got 512 code 6 DVD changer at my vin number.
I was using 527 single Comand NTG 4.

I have friend in factory. I contact with him. He add's the 512 to my vin number. When i try to make the SCN coding, i take an error. Then he adds the 088 code for NTG 4.5. I do it. He generate the europe dvd 6 digit serial for me. NTG 4.5 needs password for navigation data too.

System works perfectly. I can enter the comand online system now

Hi!

I have a dealership in Norway retrofitting the NTG 4.5 and NTG 4.7 models to Various Mercedes models. We have so far been using a local Mercedes dealer to enter the radio code and unlock Comand to car, order map license and install maps.

But they have changed prices and are now charging us a fortune for this. Ordering map license and install is no problem but I am not familer with how to enter the radio code to the unit.

We have proper Star Diagnosis with Developer mode. Can I use this in offline mode to enter the radio code to the Comand unit or does it require online access to Mercedes servers?

Did you use online authorized Star to enter radio code? What is the procedure to do it? Could you describe please?

Best regards

Morgan - MDNAV

Hi sir,

Wrong Cable.The right cable part number is A2044406537 for NTG 4.5 systems which is working on W204 ,W212 and W218

Hi!

I have a dealership in Norway retrofitting the NTG 4.5 and NTG 4.7 models to Various Mercedes models. We have so far been using a local Mercedes dealer to enter the radio code and unlock Comand to car, order map license and install maps.

But they have changed prices and are now charging us a fortune for this. Ordering map license and install is no problem but I am not familer with how to enter the radio code to the unit.

We have proper Star Diagnosis with Developer mode. Can I use this in offline mode to enter the radio code to the Comand unit or does it require online access to Mercedes servers?

Did you use online authorized Star to enter radio code? What is the procedure to do it? Could you describe please?

Best regards

Morgan - MDNAV

hi @all
I want to change my ntg4 to ntg4.5
I am looking for someone who can change in vedoc to Code 088
here in Germany it is not easy to find a dealer who wants to make it

can anybody help me ?

the problem is ...
i have xentry with dev. mode.
to type the secure pin you need scn coding (what i haven`t)

i have change the can-bus from black to white
it work all fine.
Ntg4.5 starts and i can hear sound for a moment.
but i need type in the fu***ng secure code in (what i have here, but i need scn coding) :doh:

on monday i make a schedule bye my dealer and hope he can type it in.

For further questions you can write to us from gudikcik[@]hotmail.com

Wrong Cable.The right cable part number is A2044406537 for NTG 4.5 systems which is working on W204 ,W212 and W218

No its not. The cable the poster suggested is fine. Its the NTG4.5 screen cable for LHD cars for about MY2010/2011/2012/2013. No idea why part number changed for MY14/15

The A2044406537 will also work, and the only difference between all the NTG4.5 screen cables is the length.

The screen has the video connection, and it has power and Telematics CAN. It is that CAN connection that tells the screen to turn on. It is a private CAN bus with things related to the audio system (head unit, screen, rear-entertainment ...) connected.

On NTG4 it is wired to a different place on the headunit to NTG4.5, and I suspect you have not rewired it so the screen doesn;t see the "turn on" command.

Richard

hello
i have retrofit a command online ntg4.5 to a 2013 w212 with audio 20 becker map
i put aftermarket gps antenna behind ntg4.5 but no satellites were shown
Should i install the original mercedes retrofit gps antenna for 4.5 or with beckers map pilot is ok?

hello
i have retrofit a command online ntg4.5 to a 2013 w212 with audio 20 becker map
i put aftermarket gps antenna behind ntg4.5 but no satellites were shown
Should i install the original mercedes retrofit gps antenna for 4.5 or with beckers map pilot is ok?

The one that feeds the map-pilot should work fine with the COMAND.

R

thanks richard
so i plug the beckers gps antenna to single white connector command ntg4.5 or in blue double fakra?i think that beckers connector is different

Attachments

• IMG_8614.jpg
    IMG_8614.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 37
$ 400 charges Mr. Gudi kick by generating a six-digit pin code for similar cars to the states that Mercedes does not want to generate. So you know the future who want to retrofit, is an extra expense to consider

Does anyone know of any other source to generate another pin code like and not so expensive?

The reason you cannot get a PIN code is because your car is NTG4 and is a 2010 version. Therefore according to Mercedes it cannot have NTG 4.5.

During the installation process when initial startup is run, the Mercedes Vedoc database is updated with various things like the PIN code and serial number. Only once this is done can they then generate a PIN code. However, as your car technically shouldnt have NTG 4.5 this initial startup phase would fail.

Hence you cannot get a legitimate map pin code for your car.

Hello Everyone.

I have gone through the route of installing the NTG4.5 system on to MY2011 W212.

I need help updating Vedoc to add the code 512, 518 and 088. I have access to a C4 machine but I need someone with SCN account to assist with Vedoc, Anti Theft Pin entry.

The challenge is I am in South Africa and the dealer do not seem to want to assist.

Can you please help me.

Hello Everyone.

I have gone through the route of installing the NTG4.5 system on to MY2011 W212.

I need help updating Vedoc to add the code 512, 518 and 088. I have access to a C4 machine but I need someone with SCN account to assist with Vedoc, Anti Theft Pin entry.

The challenge is I am in South Africa and the dealer do not seem to want to assist.

Can you please help me.

I have this capability but im afraid the agreement with Mercedes is that we can only do this where we install the parts or inspect they are genuine and installed as per Mercedes instructions. I think you will find the same with most Mercedes dealers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom