W212 Rear-Seat Entertainment audio level specs needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rm-m

Hello & Happy New Year. Wonder if anyone can help with this issue I have with my 2010 E-Class 350 CDI Estate.

I ordered the car with the factory-fitted rear-seat entertainment option. All fine and works well with the headsets, however, our kids are a bit young to handle the remote control, so not too happy with them having the headphones one (volume levels predominately).

So first thought was to take one of the displays’ headphone outputs to the aux input of the Media Interface, however, trouble with that is that the output of the rear-seat entertainment, at full volume, is too low even for the aux input of the Media Interface, also at full volume, to actually hear on a journey. Furthermore, I don’t like the idea of having both systems set to full volume.

I’ve also tried a couple of external battery powered speaker systems designed for mp3 players, but same deal: no decent level.

I’ve noted on some of the previous MB US models, that the Aux input has been permanently wired to the rear-seat entertainment, but then that does away with the Media Interface (and I use the USB feature on this, so would not want to do that).

As I actually work in the audio business, if someone out there has the impedance (ohms) and power output (mW) specs of the headphone output on the rear-seat entertainment system and, ideally, the input spec of the aux input on the Media Interface, one of the engineers I work with can sort me a really simple matching interface to deal with the level mismatch.

I imagine that the output (dB) of the rear-seat entertainment is limited for EU regulations (blowing one’s ears up) and the impedance of the headphones they supply is high to ensure a good bass response...

If anyone has access to the technical specs which I am sure are somewhere, just not in the public domain, I’d be really grateful.

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom