W212 rusty brake assy. - warranty?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ForestAthlete

Car
E350 BlueTEC AMG Sport Estate
My W212 brake assemblies have rust on the bolts and plates. Will these items be covered/replaced under MB dealership "approved used warranty"?
Photos for reference, (excuse the winter road salt - needs a clean).

Thanks
FA

Attachments

• IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0106.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0107.jpg
    IMG_0107.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0108.jpg
    IMG_0108.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 34
I doubt you'll get any warranty, if you get on with the dealer you may get some goodwill.

Definitely won't be covered under a used car warranty. May just about have got away with it under the original 3-year warranty but this is normal for these calipers.

I believe any corrosion or damage caused by corrosion is not covered by the warranty. Certainly was not covered by my MB used car warranty. New may be different

The stock answer from the main dealers would be “they use too aggressive cleaning agents at the hand car washes” that’s what causes it!........they tried that with my warped discs issue [emoji23][emoji23] my answer was can you see any swirls in the paint?......exactly!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The plates on the rear calipers will cost pennies, so the dealer might swap them as a goodwill gesture (but doubtful).

The bolts on the front calipers are a different story. When my wife had her SLK350, at 2 years old the dealer replaced one of the calipers under warranty for exactly the same issue of corrosion on the bolt heads. Coming up to 3 years old, the same dealer refused to replace the other caliper which was similarly corroded, citing a change in MBUK's warranty policy that included a clause with words to the effect that they wouldn't replace components suffering from a cosmetic defect that didn't affect the component's function. I battled with MB's Customer Service Dept. and got nowhere. And that was under a new car warranty, so my guess would be that under a used car warranty there's no chance whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom