W212/S212's Mini GTG at MSL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
Four E63's at Acid's today.

JimG (W212 6.2 na)
Daventy (W212 5.5 biturbo)
Doughboy (S212 5.5 biturbo)
Developer (S212 6.2 na)

Three cars for various works, me as a visitor.

Acid 11/10 for hospitality, as usual :thumb:.

And nice to see Alx and ScottishBlue during the day

I'm sure each person will provide details of their mods, so here's a few shots:
Me, just arrived:

Doughboy's 5.5 t/t:

Daventy's 5.5 t/t:

JimG 6.2 na

And Alx's newly trimmed CL - looking fab in carbon:

Last edited:
Looks a great day for you guys. Wish I could have joined in with my E. Hopefully next time

-Ho

Wish I could have made it down, but as normal work gets in the way :(

I'm passing Brum today though so may get a chance to pop in MSL :thumb:

Hi Alex,

I didn't think I would like the carbon, it looks fine. What did you have done ? and why aren't you on the Register ?

It was nice to see everyone at the MSL headquarters. MSL is nothing like I imagined - half of that massive building that won't even fit in the picture is jam packed with parts and spares. You can easily assemble a fleet of cars out of the parts alone! Acid's phone is ringing non-stop, quotations flying left and right, yet has time for a chat and to take us all our for dinner - top bloke - many thanks for that. Mike's and Dave's cars looked fabulous. Wasn't sure on the front end of the facelift "E" but it grew on me since seeing them in the flesh yesterday. Thanks for the pictures, John :thumb:

Hi Alex,

I didn't think I would like the carbon, it looks fine. What did you have done ? and why aren't you on the Register ?

Hi Peter,

The carbon doesn't look too bad but takes a bit of time to get used to. If the interior was darker, it would blend in better but I don't complain as I grew tired of walnut. I'm waiting for the rear quarter glass to arrive from Germany so I could finish the back of the car. Just changed the door glass, you don't want to know the cost! Had to be done as the car is very clean otherwise.

I'll put my name down on the list in a minute, thanks.

Hi Alex,

Sorry, forgot to answer your question - had to pick up some Weistec parts for my build from Acid. Popped in to have a look around and as usual stayed for a few hours!

Hi Peter,

The carbon doesn't look too bad but takes a bit of time to get used to. If the interior was darker, it would blend in better but I don't complain as I grew tired of walnut. I'm waiting for the rear quarter glass to arrive from Germany so I could finish the back of the car. Just changed the door glass, you don't want to know the cost! Had to be done as the car is very clean otherwise.

I'll put my name down on the list in a minute, thanks.

Sounds like yours is a keeper as well.

Is your interior Alpaca Grey ?

I finally replaced the last piece of glass ( Drivers ) Anna had a bit of an accident taking her handbag out of the car, which has heavy metal studs on the bottom which clipped the top corner and chipped the glass. It had the deadly de-laminating problem as all double glazed CL's have. Now it doesn't.

Fortunately it was covered on insurance. I checked the price at Brooklands £744.00 :eek:

As you say if a job worth doing etc etc :thumb:

Last edited:
Sorry, forgot to answer your question - had to pick up some Weistec parts for my build from Acid. Popped in to have a look around and as usual stayed for a few hours!

????

Sounds like yours is a keeper as well.

Is your interior Alpaca Grey ?

I finally replaced the last piece of glass ( Drivers ) Anna had a bit of an accident taking her handbag out of the car, which has heavy metal studs on the bottom which clipped the top corner and chipped the glass. It had the deadly de-laminating problem as all double glazed CL's have. Now it doesn't.

Fortunately it was covered on insurance. I checked the price at Brooklands £744.00 :eek:

As you say if a job worth doing etc etc :thumb:

Yes, the interior is Alpaca Grey. I bought the car mainly for it.

De-lamination was what triggered me to change it. Even though the car was discounted by the cost of one side, I'm still recovering from the cost!

"What did you have done ?"

I thought you asked what work I had done at Acid's or did I misunderstand?

I wanted to know what Weistec parts you are putting on the CL.

I wanted to know what Weistec parts you are putting on the CL.

Ah, gotcha. Not much: forged pistons, supercharger, 82mm throttle body. Collected the pistons yesterday, the rest is coming via DHL tomorrow.

Ah, gotcha. Not much: forged pistons, supercharger, 82mm throttle body. Collected the pistons yesterday, the rest is coming via DHL tomorrow.

ha ha love it......Not much :D

A little quicker than mine Alex, I suspect WOW.

Cant wait to see it and hear it :thumb:

A little quicker than mine Alex, I suspect WOW.

Cant wait to see it and hear it :thumb:

Me too. Sound wise, I'm going to keep the rear mufflers intact but headers and long downpipes should give it a bit more grunt.

Big thanks goes to Acid and MSL for exceptional, 24/7 customer support and best prices. Can't imagine a better distributor for Weistec products in the UK!

A few more pics

Both E63 bi-turbos had a tune box fitted and LSD diffs.

Just to echo what Developer said in the OP, an excellent day was had by all. :)

I've not had a chance to test it out yet with all the new toys fitted as when I left I managed to get stuck in every traffic jam known to man. Or at least it seemed that way to me at the time. The only time it cleared a bit on the M6 was when the sleet and hailstone started. :(

I decided to run over to N Wales, stopping near Wrexham for the night but unfortunately the roads weren't any quieter, the only chance I got for a little blast was on the dual carriageway on the A500 but it seemed that everyone was out to stop me having fun. For anyone who knows the area, the A534 is an excellent driving road in the daytime, can be good at night as well, but I got stuck behind a Stobart wagon. Lucky...

Came home today but again in rush hour traffic. Ah well, have to play out at weekend now I suppose.

I'll report back when I've given it a nice little blast round, hopefully soon.

Forgot to mention, a massive thanks to Acid who fed, watered and kept us entertained all day, as well as trying to run a business.

The chicken was excellent mate. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom