W212 Seat material?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beemer2

Car
E250 CDI AMG Sport
My 2014 W212 E250 petrol AMG trim has seats with ARTICO outer panels, plus a velour type of artificial suede in the seat back and seat squab
panels.

The previous owner has used a child seat in the rear and it's base has marked the velour material making it different in appearance to the unmarked material.

I have not been successful in finding out what this velour material is called. I would like to know before I attempt to remove the marks.

My plan was to use a brass brush.

Any advice welcome,

Ian

Yes that looks the material I have. The cleaner looks good but I see that the maker of Alcantara (Mico) advises caution on how this is cleaned. e.g. do not use a microfibre cloth or chemicals etc.

Ian

Beemer2 said:
Yes that looks the material I have. The cleaner looks good but I see that the maker of Alcantara (Mico) advises caution on how this is cleaned. e.g. do not use a microfibre cloth or chemicals etc. Ian

I have the Artico/Dinamica seats (plus 2 kids under 6!) and I just use warm water and a microfibre cloth to wipe down after I've given them a vacuum. Is your mark where the material is damaged?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom