W212 wiring routes please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Teflonso

Car
E350 Estate (W212 Facelift)
So I'm finally going to bite the bullet and fit a dual front/rear dash cam to my facelift W212 E Class Estate.

The fuse box is on the right hand side of the boot compartment. I'll probably also locate the recorder there as well, so just need to get the camera cables to their final location, plus a two core power cable for an on/off switch at the front (for if I want to set to continuous recording without ignition switched on). Can anyone advise on routes and access for the following cables please?

1. Fuse box to front of car, ideally somewhere close to driver's side A pillar
2. Fuse box to centre of rear tailgate window.

My problem is that the Merc is far too well put together and I don't want to be busting trim clips that I don't know are there until it's too late. Just as important, I want to take routes that avoid any long term chance of cable rubbing and fire problems, so under the carpet isn't going to be my first choice if I can avoid it.

I've got a decent set of tools, including plastic trim levers, and I need to avoid any special tools. If anyone has diagrams to explain the route and trim removal procedure that would be an extra bonus.

Cheers.

Er ...... thanks for that. I can read a bit of German and some Swedish but Dutch is a mystery to me. TBH, I didn't want to take out quite as much interior as the photos show. :eek:

But I've already got the dynamic and massage seats so if I ever need to do a strip of them at least I'll have something to work from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom