W213 Climate Control Temperature Display

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickpb

Car
A180d Sport Executive
OK, so is it just me or have I found yet another poor design feature on the W213?

If I want to see what temperature my climate control is set at, or the speed of the fan, or the air distribution, normally that information is visible somewhere in the display. NOT on my W213!

If I want to see any information about the climate control, I have to make a change to one of the climate control settings by operating one of the buttons. Then the lower part of the navigation display shows the climate control information. (Then you have to change the setting back again!)

Of course, there may be a way of showing the information all the time, but bu**ered if I can find it. The handbook doesn't help (and every other paragraph is an 'elf and safety' warning). I even asked my friendly MB man last week and he was baffled.

Another poor design feature of the W213?

I don't know what information you want exactly, but mine shows the temp at the bottom of the display unless it's in navigation mode. Even then, a quick flick of the temp control will bring it up so you can adjust it warmer or cooler. As for the fan speed and rest of the settings, I just leave it on Auto 95% of the time and let it sort itself out as it's much cleverer than I am.

Not sure why you'd want the information there all the time, but it can be brought up by flicking the central menu switch on the control panel above the clock.

I think Nick is referring to the climate control panel comprising of only switches when compared to the 212 having switches & small LCD info Windows (Fan speed, vent direction and temp). Everything you needed to know was available by simply looking down at the climate switches on the 212.

TBH wouldn't bother me. I'd love a 213. Interior is stunning.

Understood, though if you flick the menu switch above the clock up (pic below) all the settings come up on the central screen, which then makes it simple to adjust anything via the control wheel thing (Technical term)

To go back to where you were, Radio/Nav/Media etc, just flick the switch down again.

E63s Clock.jpg

Understood, though if you flick the menu switch above the clock up (pic below) all the settings come up on the central screen, which then makes it simple to adjust anything via the control wheel thing (Technical term)

To go back to where you were, Radio/Nav/Media etc, just flick the switch down again.

View attachment 73581
Yes I understand what you are saying, and you're right, all I have to do is flick a switch, but why?
If I flick the menu switch I get the climate overview which covers the navigation screen, or if I flick another switch I change the value and then (potentially) have to change it back again.

Why? The widescreen display is certainly big enough so why not show more info along the bottom. I really think the design is not up to scratch, sorry.

Is someone else driving the car and adjusting HVAC settings? If not, you should not need to change any of the settings. Automatic mode at your preferred temperature should be fine for all conditions.

Is someone else driving the car and adjusting HVAC settings? If not, you should not need to change any of the settings. Automatic mode at your preferred temperature should be fine for all conditions.

^^This^^.

If it ain't broke and all that...

i hardly use climate control, it's too temperamental, it blows too hard (and loud) from the start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom