W213 COMAND online map update stuck on 66%

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
All of the map updates are available for download on the Mercedes me portal. Login, go to services, select online map updates and manually download them. I wouldn't use chrome though, it didn't work.

I'm trying the manual method of downloading map updates ... 24 GB on a car that is less than 1 week old ... surely the PDI should have ensured that all updates had been applied !

Anyway onto the problem ... after hours of search around I find Firefox on OSX Sierra at least starts the Mercedes Benz Download Manager (don't even try with Safari/Chrome).

The Mercedes Benz DLM starts and you can select the SD card as expected however the downloads never start ... left for hours and the percentage downloaded still sits on 0%.

I've tried a VPN incase it's trying to use torrent ports that Virgin Media block but same result

Any help/ideas gratefully received ....

I have found the guys at Mercedes me are great. You send them a message and they call or email you back, your choice. That is what I did when I had a problem.

It might be worth just trying a single update first, just to check.

So spoke to Mercedes me - very helpful and apparently it's a known issue with the Mercedes Download Manager getting stuck ... but there is unlikely to be a solution for 2-3 weeks.

According to the Mercedes Me portal, my car won't receive OTA updates until I've done the manual update (which I can't do for another 2-3 weeks).

Get in the car today ... and I find its 75% through doing a update ... but it's been stuck at 75% installing since this morning.

Confused !

It maybe something to do with the internet provider you use.

Download won't start on my Virgin Media broadband but will on a friends BT Internet

Tried a VPN with Virgin but still no joy ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More likely to be the browser that you are using to initiate the Mercedes download manager.

Nope

Safari and Chrome are a no go at all in my experience

Firefox works ok via BT, but same laptop browser doesn't work on Virgin at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strange !

I've done the main update now, so the ota update server can be enabled now ... so happy

I know, isn't it strange how the smallest things can make us happy. I personally find it's the triumph of us humans over technology ;-)

1. No TA (radio) traffic announcements --> Music stops for TA and screen says TA for few seconds but no announcements
2. No audible traffic warnings of any sort -->Not clear what is meant by this..?
3. LiveTraffic showing routes as green when they are congested (Google Maps show the congestion, for comparison) -> never seen any useful live traffic related info or rerouting suggestion. My old Avensis used to do that frequently.
4. Map data and LiveTraffic do not recognise certain roads when route planning despite showing on the map itself. ->> Not sure about this one
5. Green, yellow and red stripes (denoting traffic flow) are very difficult to make out. -> Not sure about this one
6. Map updates incredibly slow or stall -> Stalled @ 67%
7. Cannot view list of traffic issues on planned route (unlike previous versions) - Yes never seen any useful live traffic data
8. Cannot load user POIs in to the system (unlike previous versions) - Not sure about this one

I heard the same from my dealer, its 3G in UK and 4G in Germany!

I think we need to force Merc UK for the upgrade from 3G to 4G

In my last post I was well into an automatic update to version 4 of the maps. This finished OK and then the system automatically started to update to version 5. Then it sat at 63% finished for weeks!
I had to take the car back to the dealer to get the system freed up from this "automatic" update, because it wouldn't let me start up a manual update using downloaded files until the frozen automatic one had completed.
The dealer left me with a completed V5 update, and no outstanding downloads pending. I have since downloaded V7 onto a 32 GB SD card, put it into the car's SD slot, and it upgraded the maps to Version 7 in less than an hour. I have disabled (unticked) automatic updates and will only use manually downloaded files onto an SD card from now on! I used Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 to do the download.

I have a week-old E220d with NTG5.5. I have done as Jocky said (many thanks), and downloaded 20 Gig of map updates, for the whole of Europe (Version 4), to an SD card. Spookily, my UK map was updating automatically at the time, so the Download Manager prevented me from downloading the UK map manually, but I got the rest! I don't want to upset the apple-cart while its running well, so I will wait for the current automatic UK map to finish updating and then try the update of the rest from the SD card. I will let you know how I get on. Incidentally, the UK map has been automatically updated from V2 to V3 already, and is now 78% into updating to V4.

That's interesting. When I downloaded the latest UK map to an SD card it said that the UK map could not be updated 'automatically' so manually (via SD Card) was the only way to do it.

First time I downloaded it, the process hung at 65%. Second time it worked fine and the update went OK. Mind you, half the 'Previous Destinations' that were stored no longer worked. It couldn't route to the location. And 1 destination was literally over the other side of the country after the update.

So I am not the only one with map manual download issues!! For me MB download manager (launched from mercedes me) would not recognise either the SD card or a USB even though they were in NTFS format as required. By mistake I tried for the 10th time and had both USB and SD card in and MB download manager then said which one do you want to use - both would now work!
The map to SD card (or USB) takes some time to download about 10GB, but once plugged into the car the upload only took 10-15 minutes. Successful download confirmed via Mercedes me as version 360.
The automatic updates do work, as I was driving along and suddenly a message appears saying download completed. Howvere this is much slower and does not update the voice element only the map data.
Keep trying, the solution is out there -- somewhere
S213 - 2020

I can't find where to download the maps on mercedes me I have auto map updates enabled but can't find the download button. If hasnt updated as a road that's been there for 3 years is still missing

I can't find where to download the maps on mercedes me I have auto map updates enabled but can't find the download button. If hasnt updated as a road that's been there for 3 years is still missing

Update found the part of the site where map updates are supposed to be according to the pdf I found but I only have online music, software updates and data release no map updates

I've got rid of my S213 now, but the navigation system is done by Becker, and in my experience of them 3 years is not unusual.
I holiday in France a lot and often found that the roads I had been travelling down for 3+ years didn't appear in the navigation. It's quite funny when you look at the map only to see that you're supposedly driving across open countryside with no roads in site, but annoying when she keeps telling you to get back on the road!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom