W215 CL Glass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S65, CLK5.6TT (WIP) & RRS 5.0 SC
I have 2 complete sides (2 doors, 2 rear quarters) of glass off my 2004 W215 CL with 45k miles.

The glass is complete & undamaged, however it has got some bubbling and discolouration across top edges of all 4 panels. I will post some pictures later today.

I've seen much worse condition glass on ebay go for £90 a part. If you're after a panel or all 4 of them, make me an offer.

Mercedes part numbers are:

Front
A2157200118
A2157200218
Back
A2156700310
A2156700410

Thanks.

Hi Alex

Did you put all new glass in your motor?

My two front windows have the delamination/bubble effect along the low side edge of the glass which looks quite bad. Was considering maybe new glass

Hi Alex

Not sure if you seen my post above

Cheers

It's a common problem with the 220 and our CL's due to MB's wonderful double glazing !!

I recently had to replace the driver's window, fortunately I was covered by insurance. Out of curiosity I asked my MB dealer for a price £ 620.00 + VAT !!

Hi Alex

Did you put all new glass in your motor?

My two front windows have the delamination/bubble effect along the low side edge of the glass which looks quite bad. Was considering maybe new glass

Hi Ray,

Yes, that's the issue I had with mine, albeit it is about 3-4mm in, not as drastic as in your picture.

I replaced all 4 panels, no insurance involved. I'm still recovering from the cost! I figured I'd do it while the interior is out so I don't have to touch the door cards again.

2 front ones arrived damaged. Good thing I've checked them before collecting! After that the dealer has arranged their own driver to transport the glass.

Given the astronomical cost, the glass should at least have some protective packaging but there's none of it, just a single wall cardboard envelope with loose glass inside. No corner protection, nothing at all.

Anyway, I'll try to get some pics next week to show how mine looks like.

It's a common problem with the 220 and our CL's due to MB's wonderful double glazing !!

I recently had to replace the driver's window, fortunately I was covered by insurance. Out of curiosity I asked my MB dealer for a price £ 620.00 + VAT !!

Yep, that's the cost per one glass. Mercedes Owners discount and dealer's goodwill helps bring it down a little but that's about it.

Cheers guys

My driver glass is the worst as shown on the picture. I was expecting new glass to be a crazy cost but I never as yet checked......Alex you must have very deep pockets :). If I was to go this route would it best to get these from a Mercedes dealership as you have done opposed to the glass companies

Peter did the insurance cover it due to the delamination or was it broken.....or accidentally broken ;)

Just wondering if this happened to the old glass will it happen again on new glass again eventually! That would be a real pain.

Ray,an accident :thumb: My beloved took her handbag out and the bottom of the bag has heavy studs which caught the corner of the glass :doh:

Yes when the Glass people arrived I couldn't believe the lack of packing. As Alex said a thin sleeve of cardboard !!!

Last edited:
Cheers guys

My driver glass is the worst as shown on the picture. I was expecting new glass to be a crazy cost but I never as yet checked......Alex you must have very deep pockets :). If I was to go this route would it best to get these from a Mercedes dealership as you have done opposed to the glass companies

Peter did the insurance cover it due to the delamination or was it broken.....or accidentally broken ;)

Just wondering if this happened to the old glass will it happen again on new glass again eventually! That would be a real pain.

Hahaha, no deep pockets here I'm afraid! Before I bought the car I had asked if the glass was delaminated or had any bubbling issues and after checking they came back with a 'no'. Upon inspecting the car the bubbling was there so I said will only buy it if the glass is to be replaced. I knew it was a pretty bold ask given the cost of replacement but if you don't ask, you don't get. Eventually we've settled on 50/50 and the total price was discounted by that amount. Must say, the garage people went out of their way to make the sale happen as I've also received a free main dealer 'B' service that was agreed prior to the glass issue discovery ;)

......Alex you must have very deep pockets :). If I was to go this route would it best to get these from a Mercedes dealership as you have done opposed to the glass companies

I had a pattern glass fitted to my other car in the past (W163 ML55). To cut a long story short, I will never go with a pattern glass again. I was persuaded that it would be exactly like Mercedes and although it was made by the same contractor - Pilkington - the rain sensor and rear view mirror mounting tabs/pins were 2mm away from where they should be. The mirror didn't fit and was broken at that as well as some other parts (the total bill Autoglass paid, including purchase of original glass from Mercedes, was in range of 2.5-3k). So I wouldn't buy an aftermarket glass. Not for a Mercedes, let alone one of the most expensive in the whole line up.

Fortunately the only CL glass available is OEM. Side/Rear. I don't know re the Front glass

C43AMG said:
Fortunately the only CL glass available is OEM. Side/Rear. I don't know re the Front glass

That's good to know Peter. So regardless of where the side glass panels are got they should be OEM.

That's good to know Peter. So regardless of where the side glass panels are got they should be OEM.

Yes, when the glass arrived to be fitted I noticed it was OEM. I was expecting some other manufacturer, when I showed my surprise the fitter told me that is the only glass available for the CL. They had to get it from Milton Keynes :thumb:

Still available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom