W215 window opens when ignition started. Huh?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

growlygrowler

Car
1990 500SL
Hi

I've recently acquired a W215 for a knock down price as a fixer-upper. I think I've now sorted the ABC issues, but there's one vexing issue: When I start the ignition, the passenger window opens fully. WTF? This is like Alfa Romeo electrics.

I've replaced the motor as I had a spare, but the issue is unchanged.

Replace to door control unit? Has anyone seen this before?

cheers

Dave

OK, just to prove to myself that it's not something stupid, I've tried resetting it and it's still the same. Start the engine and the left window goes down.

The window control unit is under the drivers side rear seat (take the seat base off, then rip the foam and you will see the rectangular black box) it has two plugs going into it, try unplugging both of them then plugging them back in.

The window control unit is under the drivers side rear seat (take the seat base off, then rip the foam and you will see the rectangular black box) it has two plugs going into it, try unplugging both of them then plugging them back in.

OK thanks. I'll give that a go. I thought that unit just controlled the rear windows? But I'll take your word for it

That control unit is for the rear windows.

Check the loom in the door hinge. They tend to chafe.

I'm not sure to be honest, I had problems with all 4 of my windows, replaced that and it was all good after!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom