W219 CLS500 with Airmatic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

greekCL

Car
Mercedes E55 W211 (2004), BMW 640d GC (2016), BMW 645Ci (2004), Mini Cooper D (2008))
Hello guys,

Since I got the car a few weeks ago. I sorted out a few things with the engine etc.
However there is a strange thing with the suspesion. It feels it is rocking left to right and vice versa.
This is when I am on uneven road etc... feels like the front right wheel is loose and moving in and out.. although it does not.
(or maybe one of the rears..)?
This happens in a very obvious way when it is on Comfort
When on Sport1 it is less obvious, and when in Sport2 you cannot notice it.

I have checked there are no fault codes relating to the suspension (I have an iCarsoft MBII scanner).

Any ideas would be much appreciated.
The car has 129.000miles and it does not loose height etc.
Also it does not sink on a corner etc... from what I can tell.

Cheers
Vasilis.

Thank you Gav,

I am doing an oil change today with Castrol Magnatec 10W/40 hoping this will behave much better as the oil in the car just does not seem right.
Hopefully I will have some time to have a look all the control arms and bushes in the week.

I do hear a light thump from the rear left every now and then. So will check that too...
Am I right thinking the car has airsuspension bags on the rear and normal standard rear shocks?
I think it might be the shock that might have gone?

OK by the looks of it ... I think the rear passenger shock absorber needs to be replaced. Everything looks in order... but for some reason it does look much softer than the other 3 corners.
Due to no height loss .. I can only assume it is only the shock affected and not the air spring.

Does anyone know a way of sourcing the adaptive shocks? For some reason I cannot find any used in UK ... and Mercedes wants £430 per corner.

Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom