W219 Puddle Lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

h17n dj

Car
W126 500SEL
Hi Gents,

it has recently dawned on me that our 2010 CLS Grand edition doesn't have puddle lights under the wing mirrors.....

I would have thought these would be standard fitment on a car of this rank? Is there something I'm missing?

All help appreciated.

Are the lenses there under the mirrors ? If so , then they aren't working. If not , then you don't have them.

No Lenses under the mirror..> thought it would be standard on a GE....? It's quite well spec'd otherwise.

The only puddle lights on the GE are on the doors.

Kenny

not so Grand after all :D

I guess they stopped being standard fit after the facelift mirrors were fitted?

Last edited:
Defo not so grand :mad::crazy:

Yes it has facelift mirrors... Wonder if it have the wiring looms in place should I want to add them in? I bet its not as simple as that either

Such a nice touch I think to have the puddle lights

Thanks for the replies so far guys!

They're in the bottom of the doors on my 59-plate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also got them on the bottom of the doors on ours but be nice to have the ones under the mirrors...!

Puddle Lights

Only got them on the bottom of the doors on my 60 plate GE, hardly need them in the mirrors as well.

mirror lights illuminate the area before you open the door :)

I have them on my 2012 C-class. Does that mean the C is better than the CLS? ;)

Gee! thanks guys - makes me feel loads better now :( .....!

I'm not happy with Merc today about this situation. They should have come with Puddle Lights.....!

Don't park in puddles. No need for floodlights then. :)

Gee! thanks guys - makes me feel loads better now :( .....!

I'm not happy with Merc today about this situation. They should have come with Puddle Lights.....!

Grand Edition (to me) seems Mercedes way of using up parts stock - i.e they probably didn't put puddle lights on because they didn't have enough. If I recall, the Grand Edition got NTG2.5 but didn't get the linguatronic parts (which have always come with NTG2.5 on other cars, and in-fact parts catalogue thinks it should have it)

This also makes a lot of sense, put as much nice stuff as you've got left on the car and it will be a really nice vehicle at a sensible premium.

Cheers

Richard

Grand Edition (to me) seems Mercedes way of using up parts stock - i.e they probably didn't put puddle lights on because they didn't have enough. If I recall, the Grand Edition got NTG2.5 but didn't get the linguatronic parts (which have always come with NTG2.5 on other cars, and in-fact parts catalogue thinks it should have it)

This also makes a lot of sense, put as much nice stuff as you've got left on the car and it will be a really nice vehicle at a sensible premium.

Cheers

Richard

Think you may be correct, Richard. The good news is that (thanks to you guys) my G-E has all the toys I could ever need! [emoji106]

Adam.

Richard - We've got Linguatronic on ours - on the stalk....

Jacksona - do you have puddle lights? HAHA... What toys do you have?

I had no Linguatronic stalk. The guys at COMAND online fitted one for me, along with a reversing camera & latest nav maps. Car already had DAB & UCI fitted.

TBH, I had no idea mirror-mounted puddle lights were even a thing! I'm happy with the ones in the doors [emoji1]

A surprising number of G-E didn't have Parktronic (mine does), and I waited to find one with the memory seats.

The only thing I'm now toying with is a remap! [emoji106]

Yeah I was shocked what they didn't come with... Ours isn't fully spec'd but its ok I guess... You have DAB? We don't have that!!!

Got Linguatronic, Parktronic, Airmatic, Full front memeory pack for driver and passenger, COMAND, Heated front seats, Full AMG Kit, black leather, BRABUS tuning box (think that was part of the G-E spec). Then the standard usual stuff like auto lights/wipers/dimming mirror, xenons, Cruise control,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom