W220 CDI Acceleration Issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

design guru

Car
2001 W220 Mercedes S320cdi & 2001 W208 CLK230K (SORN since 2008)
I have read the helpful posts at the top of the sections regarding the Loss of Power, but the problem I have is in the mornings, my car will struggle to accelerate. But after its warmed up it will run fine and not give the problem. It has no issues revving above 3k and will kick down when needed. Its only in the morning its lags and is not as responsive, If I leave my foot down it will kick in and take off but leave a cloud of smoke.

Idles fine and shows no signs of cutting out.

I have done an Oil Change, Fuel, oil, cabin and air filter change done less than 2k.

W220 S320CDi 2001 (51)

Have you looked at the condition of the EGR and intake manifold?

Have you looked at the condition of the EGR and intake manifold?

This is the only part I have not checked out, probably worth checking.

How easy is it to access or remove these parts. I have in the past ask if there was a DIY write up on the removal of these parts.

This is the only part I have not checked out, probably worth checking.

How easy is it to access or remove these parts. I have in the past ask if there was a DIY write up on the removal of these parts.

I need to remove the EGR but what other parts do I need to remove to access this part easily? I did think about getting the EGR cleaner spray from Halfords but was not sure how effective it was or where the excess dirt would end up when cleared.

I was concerned when I removed the air filter and found a cigarette butt in the housing!

Does anyone have a good guide to removing the EGR from a 2001 W220 S320 cdi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom