w220 cluster warnings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fred_raven

Car
2010 s350 cdi
Hi , my 2005 s320 seems to have the following issues ,none of which is disasterous but have caused problems so !

1. I do not get any low battery warnings when the battery voltage is low ( went flat the other day , sat much too long with side lights on ! (( had battery replaced now)) )

2. have no audible sound if I get out and leave the lights on ! ( also caused me dead battery month ago)

3. Have an occasional flickering of the dash lighting if not on maximum brightness

My local dealer said the audible warning was due to faulty cluster , £500 ++ , said no thanks! ( dont need it fixed THAT much)

I assume these are all linked , anyone any idea if these are all linked ?

Read elsewhere that there is a lifetime warranty on clusters due to faults in manufacture ! Any one here any info on this?

Should i contact MB MK to see if mine is covered ? anyone a email address ?

BTW.. other than this the car is great, totally reliable and a pleasure to drive:D

Well, hardly, totally reliable if it flattened a battery.

I had an S which had occasional cluster glitches but they were more along the lines of it occasionally going completely o/s. do a search on here because you are right about their being a history of manufacturing faults with the s-class cluster but it may apply to earlier W220's than yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom