W220 s320 cdi, epc light on, car in limp mode

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nabs

Car
2004 S320 CDI
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and would be grateful for your thoughts.

I own a Mercedes w220 2004 s320 cdi.

Recently the EPC Light came on. As a result my car wouldn't accelerate beyond 2000 rpm. It sometimes accelerates like normal but other times it limits itself below 2000rpm.

I had my car diagnosed and the diagnosis came with the following codes:

P2510-001 - check right charge pressue positioner (Y100/1). Positioner signal fault x.

P2632-008 - check system: charge pressure control. The pressure difference between exhaust back pressure (B60) and pressure differential sensor (B28/8) before and after the turbocharger is implausible.

I have had mixed opinions. I know the turbo has not gone as there is no smoke from the exhaust and it still hisses.

I have been told it could be repaired by some people whilst other have said I need a new turbo.

I dont know if this is related but when I had a free check done by Mercedes a few months ago, I was told that a mouse had chewed the wiring in engine bay and there was damage to injector wiring.

Then that would be your first point of call. Check all your wiring first and then go from there.

Thanks for the reply But could the wiring issue be linked to the car being in limp mode?

Thanks for the reply But could the wiring issue be linked to the car being in limp mode?

I would start there first. Have a look as if there are any bare wires they could cause a short thus causing problems with the sensors and hence why the vehicle will go into limp mode. Inspect the wires have a good look sort that out first and then go from there.

I have just dropped the car to my local auto electrician. Hopefully he can rectify the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom