W221 (2005–2013) S-Class - wood effect?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave-sw

Car
Lexus IS200
I am considering buying an S-Class but my choice is greatly limited by the number of cars that have this horrible wood effect trim in the cabin.

I can't imagine why anyone would choose this option. I am interested in what other options were available at time of manufacture?

Is there anywhere I can find a complete list of optional extras for the S and CL?

Thanks

I am considering buying an S-Class but my choice is greatly limited by the number of cars that have this horrible wood effect trim in the cabin.

I can't imagine why anyone would choose this option. I am interested in what other options were available at time of manufacture?

Is there anywhere I can find a complete list of optional extras for the S and CL?

Thanks

Wood is pretty much part of the S Class - the least 'woody' will be the piano black.

This is a US-market brochure, but shows the options: http://www.ragtop.org/mbbrochures/2007/sclass2.pdf

I have Piano Black, goes very well with the light interior.

I think it'd be pretty cost effective to just have those interior trims wrapped. Maybe in a brush aluminium style.

By the way that's not painted plastic like some cheaper cars, that's real wood veneer with lacquer on top.

C43AMG said:
I have Piano Black, goes very well with the light interior.

I'd suspect that it's Black Ash not Piano Black in most cases.

I'd suspect that it's Black Ash not Piano Black in most cases.

Yes it is a designo option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom