W221 and telephone names

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScoobyDooLondon

Car
Mercedes S320 CDI 2008
I have the pre facelift W221 (2008) and every time I turn Bluetooth on my mobile, the Command unit takes a while to become operational, as its reading the phone details (names, etc)

Is this normal?

I'd have though the names would be stored on the Command unit so its ready to go as soon as the mobile Bluetooth was turned on.

Is there way to do this?

cheers

Sounds like its re-syncing everytime you connect. is there a sync button in any of the options to do it manually? afterwards it shouldnt do it again.

If I remember right, there is no setting at COMAND that would control phonebook downloading from the phone. With the BT HF (MB) adapter, the phone would be read every time but with the BT SAP adapter phonebook download would be manually activated (dial "0000" or something like that).

The phone system is actually available immediately. Just click "OK" when COMAND states it is reading data from the phone. You can use the local phonebook from COMAND for outgoing calls.

I looked everywhere for settings to import or save locally, but couldn't find anything.

It is a little odd.

What do you mean use the "local phonebook from COMMAND" ?

What do you mean use the "local phonebook from COMMAND" ?

I did not find how to do it with my modern easy-to-use smartphone but with my old phones it was easy: select all entries from the phonebook, select the option to send these entries as a business-card (visitor card) via bluetooth to COMAND, wait a bit and all done.

You can save phonebook entries manually too from the COMAND interface but it takes a lot of time. Some phones allow individual phonebook entries being sent via BT. Either way you end up having data at the COMAND phonebook and this data is available even if no phone was connected. This is why I call it the local phonebook at COMAND.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom