w221 S320cdi white/blue smelly smoke / poor fuel economy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sparkzz

Car
W221
Hi Guys,

I've had my S class for about a year now and have noticed from the start there is substantial white smoke on cold starts or when sitting in traffic. The smoke stinks and I can only imagine it is diesel which isn't being burned.

I know from the previous owner that the car had the problem with the inlet port shut off motor, but this was repaired by Mercedes.

The car shows no faults on STAR and doesn't use any oil or water.

I am also struggling to get good fuel consumption, my commute I barely manage 28MPG over 13 miles. This is mostly A roads at 50MPH.

I've just had to replace a brake caliper and control arm, which wasn't cheap either. To make matters worse, now the steering wheel isn't holding straight, so I'll be going back tomorrow to let the garage know.

Check my treads
Had similar issue with mine
Unfortunetally I gave up in the end, ruterned the car to dealer-issue was never fixed

Where are you based?

Time to find a reputable inde methinks - and take a trip to WIM in Chesham to get the geometry sorted.

Im in the north east. Durham/Newcastle.

Is it normal for the wheel to be misaligned after control arm replacement or have they done it wrong?

Im in the north east. Durham/Newcastle.

Is it normal for the wheel to be misaligned after control arm replacement or have they done it wrong?

Hi,
no this is not normal. That happens when job was done careless.
Kind regards

Hi Guys,

I've had my S class for about a year now and have noticed from the start there is substantial white smoke on cold starts or when sitting in traffic. The smoke stinks and I can only imagine it is diesel which isn't being burned.

I know from the previous owner that the car had the problem with the inlet port shut off motor, but this was repaired by Mercedes.

The car shows no faults on STAR and doesn't use any oil or water.

I am also struggling to get good fuel consumption, my commute I barely manage 28MPG over 13 miles. This is mostly A roads at 50MPH.

I've just had to replace a brake caliper and control arm, which wasn't cheap either. To make matters worse, now the steering wheel isn't holding straight, so I'll be going back tomorrow to let the garage know.

I got the same issues, maybe except fuel consumption but not monitoring it a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom