Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
2013 Mercedes S-Class Mule First Spy Photos

In its earliest stages of development spies have caught a 2013 Mercedes S-Class mule undergoing testing in Germany.

While the car is heavily camouflaged, it appears a little wider and longer than the current S-Class. Regardless, styling is expected to be influenced by the F700 concept of 2007.

Under the hood, we can expect Mercedes to introduce the new ‘MoVe' (modular V-6 and V-8) engines. While details are limited, the engines will feature direct injection and turbochargers. As previewed by the Vision S 500 plug-in hybrid concept, Mercedes will offer an S-Class plug-in hybrid that will be able to accelerate from 0-100 km/h in less than six seconds while averaging at least 70 mpg (3.3 liters/100km).

On the performance side, the 6.3-liter (6208cc) V8 from the S63 AMG will be replaced by a twin-turbo 5.5-liter V8. Despite this glimmer of good news, the V12s from the S600 / S65 AMG may be discontinued.

6972045.jpg

267610.jpg

5004640.jpg

6331020.jpg

9221666.jpg

9320509.jpg

7476555.jpg

1954381.jpg

Hope they make it reliable this time ! Looking at that mule (which is very early on), it is running the bumpers from the 2010 model, so perhaps the dimensions won't be that different.

I'll be surprised if the V12s are discontinued, they make up such a tiny proportion of MB engine output already and command a massive price premium that it's an option that needs to remain for them to be competitive with Bentley, Audi and BMW.

I really hope those rear lights are a joke !!

i cant wait for this s class its gonna be really nice, current s class still seems new how time has flown

What's the silver car in front of the Black S Class in the second pic ?

really good to see that the wing mirrors have not moved to the door

Why do they insist on covering it up in a stupid suit?? :doh:

It makes it look even more 'secretive' with that get up on....:confused:

really good to see that the wing mirrors have not moved to the door

I hate that too, but I wonder why on some models they have actually moved the mirrors to the door? Like the new CLS and SLK?

Looking at the lines of the doors makes me think it's more of a facelift than a new body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom