W639 boost gauge fitting options (pics)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vito V6

Car
Vito V6 W639 2009 Auto (120CDI)
Hi guys,
I have some gauges from previous vehicle, where would be best place to connect the boost pressure gauge on the 120cdi v6?

20160717_124428.jpg

Also here is a pic of the parts, I wanted to find out if it would be possible to connect it electronically only?
Theirs just 1 signal wire from the sensor to the gauge, can it be bypassed in this way and connected to this engine like that :confused:
thanks.

20161214_110548.jpg

Surely if you want a boost pressure reading you need to connect the sender to a boost source, or am I misunderstanding the question?

I've read that on turbo diesel engines the inlet manifold or pipe after intercooler is best place to connect a boost pressure gauge, just wanted to confirm this for my 120cdi?

and apologies for confusion, I wasn't sure if this engine has a factory boost pressure sensor already and if so could I use this instead of taping into any pipes.

I'm not sure if you could tap into the wiring to pick up the boost pressure signal.

I put a T connector on the inlet manifold (OM605 engine) for a boost gauge. Is there any vac pipes off the inlet manifold?

Or bur a wireless obd2 adaptor and an app?

I'm not sure if you could tap into the wiring to pick up the boost pressure signal.

I put a T connector on the inlet manifold (OM605 engine) for a boost gauge. Is there any vac pipes off the inlet manifold?

Here's a pic with cover off, I'm not to familiar with this engine so could someone please confirm if these 3 pipes, marked with red X, are coming of inlet manifold and if so which one could be used for boost gauge? thanks.
Screenshot_2016-12-14-23-37-48.jpg

and apologies for confusion, I wasn't sure if this engine has a factory boost pressure sensor already and if so could I use this instead of taping into any pipes.
I'm with you now!

It's probably go something, even if all it does is tell the wastegate when to open. Unfortunately that doesn't mean your after-market gauge can make sense of the signal (although it's not impossible).

I'm more familiar with turbocharged petrol applications, in which case I'd say don't tap in to anything that is critical to the engine running; or safety. - So not the brake booster (and I don't think you have a boost controlled fuel pressure regulator on a diesel engine, so you?).

The next step is to crank the boost up! :thumb:

I'm not sure mate, but yes definitely don't want to be messing with the brakes/safety, so need to figure out what these pipes on the inlet manifold are :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom