W639 Viano Rear Side Window Leaking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SaintDan74

Car
Viano
Hi,

Has anyone had any experience of a rear, side electric window on a W639 Viano / Vito not sealing correctly?

I park on a slight incline and rain water pools in the bottom front corner of the window seal. The seal has been replaced but the problem is still occurring! Can the window mechanism be adjusted to torque out at a slightly later or is this factory set? I'm sure the problem will go away if I park on a flat but this should have to be the way!

Many thanks in advance for any help.

This has been a problem mentioned on the forum before perhaps a search would turn it up and show if he solved it. We have never had a leak (so far) but I think that there is an adjustment on the hinge/arm but it might simply the seal not seating. It must be a fairly light touch for the glass so a well seated and even seal must be important and not simply increasing the pressure.

Touch wood, I seem to have resolved the issue my self. A smear of silicone grease around the entire sealing face of the seal has stopped the water penitrating. Storm Barbara will be the full test overnight!

Touch wood, I seem to have resolved the issue my self. A smear of silicone grease around the entire sealing face of the seal has stopped the water penitrating. Storm Barbara will be the full test overnight!
Hi, How did you get on with the leak? . I have the same problem on my newly purchased viano.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom