Wacking great big tellies and poor 'lip sync'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lisa110rry

Car
1999 SLK Kompressor and a Honda CRV (the latter gone but not forgotten)
This week, I'm dog sitting a friend's two Labradors in his home. He has a massive curved Samsung telly,unbelievably large, and BT telly thing and I'm currently watching 'Ripper Street' (which isn't as good as it was) on it. Perhaps it's because Ican actually see the faces very clearly, but the sound doesn't accord with the vision. What's going on there, folks?

(We have a 32 inch telly in our living room which I despise as it spoils our 30's room decor.)

Its normal, there are multiple settings to change it. (all Makes are effected)

I had it on my 48" Samsung when connecting a Blu Ray player, not with Sky though, in the settings menu you can adjust the 'ms' until it looks right.

I think its called Motion Plus on Samsungs. Check out the picture settings.

Last edited:
I had the same problem on my Samsung, I'm out the country at the moment but from memory if you call up the sound setting its a setting in the expert settings but I can't remember what it was called.

Do I just say that to him ? (Adjust the ms?). Could you be a bit more basic Killer?

Sorry, crossed with M16K.

Might be different on that telly, but try

Menu > Picture > Picture Options > Motion Plus > Off

Set it for the indiviual HDMI Source, rather than all Sources as it might effect video games with it off.

If that doesnt work, switch it back on then:

Menu > Sound > Additonal Settings > Audio Delay - mine is set to 120ms (milisecs)

IIRC there's also a setting on the BT TV box - I would start there if that's how you're watching, rather than tinkering with the TV settings.

Not something I've ever has a problem with, but there's a setting on my Yamaha decoder to re-sync the audio and video if they get out of phase.

I will show this thread to the owner when he gets back, but at present I can't focus on the presenters and listen at the same time, too confusing. Thanks all!

It's not unknown for any highly compressed delivery system, and BT is one, to have sync errors already present when it arrives at your telly.

Take a look at BBC1 on Freeview and see if that's Ok.

Thanks for that, everyone. I plan to show this thread to the owner on his return rather than messing with anything (I am not trusted even with the telly remote at home, lol).

Would love to see this 1930s room decor. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom