Wagon/Estate E class rear suspension stuck fully extended

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baldbloke

Car
E Class Estate 320CDI Elegance 2007 Non- ADS
Hi All,

I am new here, and have a really nice 320 cdi Elegance estate that I have had since buying it from a friend in the Channel Islands 3 years and 30,000 miles ago.

I do the basics on brakes, oil changes and timing belts on my other cars, but am stuck on this present problem on my Merc.

The air bags raised the rear of the car while driving and now make driving it impossible as the suspension is rock hard. I am fifty miles away from Aberdeen Mercedes and fifty miles away from Inverness Mercedes. My breakdown cover I recently discovered only covers me if I'm more than three miles from home:doh: I would appreciate any information on how to either how to let some air out (in the hope that the sensor resets) or check out where to start to diagnose the problem.
The car has stayed jacked up for over a week now, so I think I can rule out any leakage.
Although OK on mechanical stuff I would never pretend to be competent on electrics.

Any advice much appreciated:thumb:

Have you tried pulling the fuse?

Have you tried pulling the fuse?

Just found all my old posts and thanked the respondents!
The issue was a broken arm to the level sensor. New arm and the cars rear ride height reset itself[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom