Wanted 190 Cosworth for 5th gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sp!ke

Administrator
Car
SL500 & The Fart Car
This came in via the contact us route - PM me for the contact details if you are interested.

Your Message:
Good morning,

I am looking to source a 190 Cosworth for a Fifth Gear feature that is being filmed at Rockingham next Wednesday 18th September.

If you or any of your members are able to help with sourcing a vehicle it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Craig

I would guess nothing apart from the usual expenses (petrol money, lunch).

I would guess nothing apart from the usual expenses (petrol money, lunch).

I sort of work in a similar field and it really annoys me when anyone would even think of just paying expanses, you would think min would be half a days pay (appox £150) plus petrol money. Tea coffee and food on set as per crew and some sort of insurance for your car as well.

I sort of work in a similar field and it really annoys me when anyone would even think of just paying expanses, you would think min would be half a days pay (appox £150) plus petrol money. Tea coffee and food on set as per crew and some sort of insurance for your car as well.

Totally agree, but there's many that are happy just to get their car featured & the likes of 5th Gear know this all too well.

It's been filled apparently, I found out from a different source.

I wouldn't want mine on Fifth Gear!

Yeah right, giving them your car for the whole day for them to thrash round a racetrack and all you get out of it is the "privilege" of having your car on tv? Screw those cheap commies.

I got invited to a 5th gear shoot a few years ago (for the Fiat Panda 100HP launch, oddly enough I actually own one now). At the time I had an old school (designed by Giugiaro using only a ruler) Panda, and a bunch of us were recruited from a Panda forum and invited to Ace Cafe - in the days when 5th gear was shot there - to provide a bit of background and a comparison to the new Panda.

There were about 10-12 old school Pandas in attendance in the end, I didn't have too far to travel but people came from far and wide - Cornwall, Scotland, Northern Ireland. Panda folks are a bit nutty. No-one got paid for it, no one got petrol money, we did it for a bit of fun and to show our cars off. Apparently we could have tea/coffee/snacks from the Cafe on 5th gear's ticket but no-one told me this until after I'd bought lunch out of my own money.. :wallbash:

They did a bit of filming on our cars, a couple of the guys were doing a charity run which they wanted to promote so they got a fair bit of coverage which was fair enough. We then wound up and buggered off after having spent most of the day hanging around on a freezing cold February day. Only 3 weeks till the episode was on air..

And the episode started, big shot of the outside of the Ace Cafe and the Panda 100HP - and none of our cars :eek:. They'd re-shot the footage and we all ended up on the cutting room floor :mad:. There was one shot from inside the Cafe where I could see an out of focus green blob over VBH's shoulder and that was my car. So much for 15 minutes of fame, more like 15 seconds. Boo, I say, Boo.

So, in summary, if anyone from 5th gear approaches you wanting you to participate in the program my advice is to tell them to bugger off, unless you actively enjoy having your time wasted. The one good thing that came out of the day was I did get to meet and have my photograph taken with VBH, who I've had a soft spot for for many a year. Dirty, dirty laugh..

Cheers,

Gaz

^I remember on one episode they were giving away a racing seat and one guy wrote in "sod the racing seat , I want to sit on VBH".

Don't get the VBH thing at all. I'm sure she a delightful creature but TBH I see better looking women in my supermarket every day.

Don't get the VBH thing at all. I'm sure she a delightful creature but TBH I see better looking women in my supermarket every day.

Are we talking Asda Coventry or Waitrose Kenilworth? There's quite a difference.

I had a 1948 Land Rover that I was selling and got a call from an advertising agency asking whether they could use my Land Rover in a photo shoot for an up and coming clothing brand and could I bring it upto North Wales (I'm in Reading).

When I asked how much they were going to offer, the girl was quite shocked and said they hoped that I would do it for free, including me having to pay for fuel to get there....I laughed and put the phone down.

Sorry to hear about that Gaz I'm not aware of that case (before my time...) but unfortunately it is the nature of TV that things can get cut. We don't however do any studio features anymore and this is not a case where a vehicle would be cut from an item as the Cosworth will be one of our feature vehicles.

We have sourced many vehicles from owners for our used car features (we also sometimes use our own) which are now in every episode on the show and the feedback from everyone has been positive with people enjoying the day. We always make sure that contributors are not out of pocket and we do in some cases like this pay a fee for the use of the vehicle.

We are still looking to source a vehicle for this so if you can help just get in touch.

Thanks

Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom