Wanted: E55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

restorer

Car
2003 S600, 2008 Panda 4x4, 2012 Nissan NV400, Lexus RX300
Hi.
I've been a member of this forum since 2010 but have been 'lurking' so haven't posted much.
My BMW 545 has recently been written off so I'm now in a position to find an E55. I'd ideally like to buy from a MB forum member as I'd be confident it would have been properly cared for.
I'm wondering if any members have a properly looked after example they currently are/about to be selling? My budget was supposed to be £8000 but I'm thinking a well looked after example is no doubt going to cost more than that so I feel I'm realistic enough to be flexible on my budget!
I don't have nearly enough posts yet to be able to PM so if anyone wants to contact me they could use [email protected]
Fingers crossed!

I've now bought a lovely E55 from a fellow forum member, Mr Fixit. Lovely car, right in all respects. Just needs brake pipes and discs putting on the front and they came with the car. Already booked in.
Made enquiries with my man about dual fuel lpg conversion. Not much room under the bonnet to site the regulators of course , but may not be enough room on the inlet manifolds to drill and site the injectors. Disappointing because would halve fuel costs. Not given up yet but not looking good.
Hugely impressive car, operates through the entire range from gentle chauffeur up to antisocial maniac and all points between! The manuals for the car and COMAND are now my bedtime reading. Happy chap.

I've now bought a lovely E55 from a fellow forum member, Mr Fixit. Lovely car, right in all respects. Just needs brake pipes and discs putting on the front and they came with the car. Already booked in.
Made enquiries with my man about dual fuel lpg conversion. Not much room under the bonnet to site the regulators of course , but may not be enough room on the inlet manifolds to drill and site the injectors. Disappointing because would halve fuel costs. Not given up yet but not looking good.
Hugely impressive car, operates through the entire range from gentle chauffeur up to antisocial maniac and all points between! The manuals for the car and COMAND are now my bedtime reading. Happy chap.

Don't give up on the LPG, there's enough room to site everything needed under the bonnet - I've got a E55K on LPG and there's quite a few others running on LPG over here in the U.K. and loads more in Europe.

I bought mine already converted by the previous owner, I think the place that did the work was in Yorkshire. AEB piggyback ECU with 8x injectors, twin vapourisers and a toroidal tank where the spare wheel goes. At 55p a litre it's a no brainer if you're going to be keeping it for a while and are doing the miles to benefit.

Nice car that one, i know it rather well indeed lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom