Wanted - secondhand 225/40/18 tyres!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eddie_E

Car
94' E200
Having been reading through some threads I have decided to put up this wanted for tyres. I was gonna pop out and get some new one's but before I do I'll see if this brings any joy.
I need a good set or at least a pair of tyres but I don't mind buying secondhand - as long as their not punctured or repaired and have enough life left in them to make them worth fitting and balancing. It seems a few have changed tyres because of clearance issues or just didn't like the old ones etc. So don't leave them at the tyre fitters or in your shed deteriorating - Let me take them off your hands :)
I'm in surrey.

Cheers. I had a look and he's not got any at the mo, but I realised while looking at ebay that i can get a set of 4 new wheels and good tyres (goodyear F1's) for £400!. I could just get them and take off the tyres and sell the wheels on for not a lot less than I paid for the whole package! probably work out as gettting a set of new tyres for £150-£200. :D

no - this guy works at a tyre place - they had HUNDREDS of s/h tyres when i went there. they have some contract with audi round the corner and the contract states that all the tyres have to be rplaced at x date (irrespective of their condition - so if the p/o has just replaced them.....)

email him if i were you.

oh i see. I have sent him a email. thanks. :)

guydewdney,
Thanks for the tyre man's info. Filed away for future use as I'm only 7-8 miles from him.

http://www.montyswheelsandtyres.co.uk/

Part Used Tyres in Stock: 2254018
Make Pattern SR Tread Depth Price
MICHELIN PILOT SPORT Z 4mm £30.00
MICHELIN PILOT SPORT Z 3mm £25.00
MICHELIN PILOT SPORT PS2 (COOSW) Z 6mm £45.00
PIRELLI ROSSO Z 6mm £45.00
PIRELLI P7000 Z 7mm £45.00
MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 2 Y 7mm £45.00
TOYO T1-S W 6mm £45.00
PIRELLI ROSSO Z 4mm £35.00
CONTINENTAL SPORT CONTACT 2 Z 4mm £35.00
CONTINENTAL SPORT CONTACT 2 Z 6mm £45.00
CONTINENTAL SPORT CONTACT 2 Z 6mm £45.00
BRIDGESTONE SO2A Z 7mm £45.00
BRIDGESTONE SO2A (BL) Z 6mm £40.00
BRIDGESTONE SO2A (BL) Z 6mm £40.00
PIRELLI PZERO ASIMETRICO Z 5mm £35.00
DUNLOP SP9000 Z 6mm £45.00

yeah but no but right yeah right. Thats the same price as mytyres do them for. If the search for a decent set of secondhand tyres fails (which i think it has) I was going to get the nankangs because I don't really feel the need for high performance tyres on my e200 but now i've changed my mind. I've read a few bad reviews, well actually mostly negative reviews about them. My local tyre guy will do me a great deal on Federals, £74 fitted + balanced, so i'm going to get these now. In reviews I have read they have been favorably compared to Goodyear F1's and some other well know tyres. Thanks for all the help thou fella's :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom