WANTED: W169 Front Turn Indicator Holder - PY21W

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GLK

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
I need another one of these, for a little experiment / mod I'm planning.

26798574618_5b3bced677_o.jpg

25799141697_96e5825473_o.jpg

39960105744_9ce613e1de_o.jpg

There's no part number on it.

This is from Avantgarde projector headlight, not sure if it's the same across the range, quite possible.

If someone got an old broken headlight lying in the garage, I'd really appreciate, if you give me a shout ;)

Bumped for you ;)

Reactions: GLK
Oh, cheers Abs - I forgot about this post - I found the part and bought it from Mercedes Newcastle, apparently it is used in many models: 209, 211, etc

Oh, cheers Abs - I forgot about this post - I found the part and bought it from Mercedes Newcastle, apparently it is used in many models: 209, 211, etc
No worries David :)

Interested to see how the mod turns out :)

In the mean time, in case someone else is searching for this - here it is, and the part number for future reference - as it is not stamped on the part itself, it's rather tricky to find:

25897917397_30e9ccd421_o.jpg

Both holders are now relieved of their metal parts, and are ready for conversion into BAY15D ... to accommodate dual function DRL/Turn lights ;) - part of my 'back to OEM look" DRL re-design project.

Both holders are now relieved of their metal parts, and are ready for conversion into BAY15D ... to accommodate dual function DRL/Turn lights ;) - part of my 'back to OEM look" DRL re-design project.
This is going to be interesting :)

Yes, I remember seeing that thread, but forgot the name of the company - it certainly was the inspiration for this mod.

I decided to utilise my already fitted, high quality DRL controllers, and modify a pair of spare bulb holders, making this setup easily reversible.

In addition, I do not want any heat sources near the back of the headlight, so the load resistors will be in separate metal-cased units (fixed to metal surface).

The budget factor is also a concern - I've just checked their website, and ProBright is about £160 (with W164 style adapters) and that's way more, than I can justify spending on this.

I've ordered some dual colour 1157 bulbs, and should be able to get on with this in a couple of weeks ... :)

Sounds good, they were about £110 when I bought mine a couple of years ago.

They have worked perfectly all the time, although the heatsinks at the rear do get a little warm.

Thanks, it's great to know the concept is sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom