Warning, Dodgy Ebay seller superjojos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aka$h

MB Enthusiast
Car
Anything with a 3 Pointed Star!
I won a set of wheels from this seller yesterday. I was a set of 19" 2pc splits, same as he has relisted:

19 INCH GENUINE AMG ALLOY WHEELS on eBay (end time 15-Mar-10 19:54:29 GMT)

2 of the photo's show a set of replica's on a car, but the other photo's are of genuine AMG wheels. The listing states they are refurbished.

I got 2 emails from the seller, asking me to call him before paying. I called him this afternoon, and was unimpressed to say the least.

Me: Can I collect the wheels
Him: Once you have paid for the wheels, we will order them in.
Thinking it was a little odd that they would order a set of refubihed wheels it, I went on to ask
Me: Are these genuine?
Him: Yes
Me: Do they have AMG written on them?
Me: And all the markings on the inside, showing the MB part number
Him: NO, we have a source at the factory, so we obtain them before they are sent to Mercedes, hence there are no MB part numbers on them, but they are genuine.
Me: Who makes them then? And the part numbers are not stamped or printed on! They are part of the cast!
Him: They are made by Rondell, they are totally genuine, if you want to pay £4k for a few numbers on them, then be my guest.

These wheels are replica's, and in no way genuine. Please be very careful buying from this guy. Seems the last person to buy a set of these sent them back too (see the feedback).

If he had said they were replica's, one has a choice. But to think you could own a SL65 and end up with cheap replica's on it, its just dangerous!

I won a set of wheels from this seller yesterday. I was a set of 19" 2pc splits, same as he has relisted:

19 INCH GENUINE AMG ALLOY WHEELS on eBay (end time 15-Mar-10 19:54:29 GMT)

2 of the photo's show a set of replica's on a car, but the other photo's are of genuine AMG wheels. The listing states they are refurbished.

I got 2 emails from the seller, asking me to call him before paying. I called him this afternoon, and was unimpressed to say the least.

Me: Can I collect the wheels
Him: Once you have paid for the wheels, we will order them in.
Thinking it was a little odd that they would order a set of refubihed wheels it, I went on to ask
Me: Are these genuine?
Me: Do they have AMG written on them?
Me: And all the markings on the inside, showing the MB part number
Him: NO, we have a source at the factory, so we obtain them before they are sent to Mercedes, hence there are no MB part numbers on them, but they are genuine.
Me: Who makes them then? And the part numbers are not stamped or printed on! They are part of the cast!
Him: They are made by Rondell, they are totally genuine, if you want to pay £4k for a few numbers on them, then be my guest.

These wheels are replica's, and in no way genuine. Please be very careful buying from this guy. Seems the last person to buy a set of these sent them back too (see the feedback).

If he had said they were replica's, one has a choice. But to think you could own a SL65 and end up with cheap replica's on it, its just dangerous!

There's been a post on here before about 'superjojo' by bpsorrell, suggest you 'search for it.

Akash, you've got this posting up twice ?

thats a lot of money for fakes, report him to ebay.

Yes report him.

There will be other people who are not as savvy, and will be shelling out a lot of money for replica wheels.

If the seller advertises the wheels as replicas, then people have the choice if they want to buy, but advertising the wheels as genuine AMG,is just LIES! :mad:

What a coincidence!! I spoke to this guy last week wanting a set of 2 piece AMG IV for my C Class. He gave me the exact same story he has given you, i thought this sounded like the biggest story i had ever heard to pretend replicas are real......I dont mind replicas but i would like the choice to be mine as to buying them or not!! I am going to report him too.....

Don`t mind the replicas as long as you know but they should come with half that price me think

Don`t mind the replicas as long as you know but they should come with half that price me think

Exactly my thoughts, i dont mind them in some designs for right price. However he did quote me £900 delivered for 4 new 2 piece AMG IV in 18 inch staggered fitment with light grey inner wheel and polished dish lip and 255 federal tyres on rear and 225 on front all brand new.....Price pretty good i thought if only he would be honest about them being genuine......!!:rolleyes:

^ That makes sense as that price is very good,even though they`re replicas

Something else i thought was odd......Arent these genuine wheels made by Ronal Wheels of Germany and not Rondell.....?? Anyone confirm this??

Thanks for the heads-up.

I thought it was odd that he was listing so many sets of relatively rare second-hand wheels.

Rondell are not an OEM supplier to AMG or Mercedes.

Thats what i thought, i thought it was Ronal......So he is lying about the manufacture of them being same as OEM.....He is full of it.....

Thats what i thought, i thought it was Ronal......So he is lying about the manufacture of them being same as OEM.....He is full of it.....

This guy must con so many people into buying replica's.

There's plenty of money to be made on eBay if your conscience is lacking.

Leave him negative feed back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom